101|Flustered

Two years ago

Were at some Lake I'm on the bank a little scared to get into the water I can't see the bottom of. Everyone else seems to be having a good time.

I'm in a bikini and everything but I can't find the courage to get into the water that I don't even know the depth of.

Swimming, mucking around, splashing each other with the water- "C'mon I'll hold you," Decklan says holding his arms out ready to grab me.

He's been so nice and has taken care of me. "I dunno I'm scared," I say. "I'll protect you," he says.

I trust him, I've trusted him with many other scary things to me.

I place my hands on his shoulders, his arms pick me up by my waist and he lowers me into the water with him.

"See? I won't let anything hurt you," he says. His hands on my thighs kept me up. "You okay after last night?" he asks.

And I hide my face by digging my head against his chest. My face probably looks like a tomato. "Yeah... I'm fine..." I smile.

"Don't lie to me it'll make me feel terrible that you can't speak your mind to me," he says.

"Okay, It was great I enjoyed it so much," I say pushing his face gently away so I don't have to look him in the eyes.

"I'll make sure I will give you what you like during those intimate moments," he says. Now I feel all giddy.

I spent the night overthinking about him with other girls, we're not together but am I the only one that feels something between us still? "What you thinking about?" he asks I didn't even notice he was looking at me.

"Nothin'," I say. "Tell me, something is clearly bothering you," he says.

I look down. "I... I'm... I'm just... I dunno it's stupid," I say. "Hey... Look at me and tell me what is bothering you," he says lifting my head up with his hand.

"I said it was nothing," I say. "What You want sex?" he asks. "No! I mean yeah but that's not what I'm thinking about," I say.

"Then what is it?" he asks.

"It's nothing," I say. "Tell me," he says. "I'm jealous," I say. "Of what?" he asks. "You don't need to know," I say.

"Tell me," he says. "I'm jealous seeing girls hang off of you and you giving them the same amount of attention," I say looking down.

"I'll stop, you are more important to me than any of them," he says.

"No, you don't have to stop it's just jealousy." painful jealousy. "I want to stop, I want to be wi-"

Someone must have grabbed his foot because he got pulled underwater.

I'm scared out of my mind, I don't know how to swim. Oh no. My foot gets grabbed and I get pulled under.

I can't breathe, I hate this.

It's what's his name again? Robbie? I float back up and gasp and cough harshly. Decklan reaching the top and Robbie has a bloody nose.

Decklan punched him, guess that's where the bloody nose came from.

"What the fuck! She doesn't know how to swim don't fucking do that again, I'll kill you next time," Decklan scowls.

And I just realized that Decklan brought me up to the surface not me, his arm is around my waist.

Seconds ago I was coughing my throat hurt from taking in too much water.

His attention turns to me with a soft look nothing like the look he was giving Robbie. "You okay?" he asks gently moving the now-soaking wet hair from my face.

"Can we go?" I can barely talk because my throat stings.

"Sor-" Shut up." Decklan cuts Robbie off. "We can go," he says.

He lifts me up and back onto the bank like I'm just a feather to him.

He puts his hands on the bank and lifts himself up onto it next to me.

We both stand. "C'mon, baby," he says. Whoa got a little lightheaded there. Did he just call me baby?

Ahhh! I haven't heard him say that to me in like two years!

He did, he called me baby. I follow behind him to the back of his car, he opens the trunk and pulls two towels out that he brought here for us.

God at this point he must just think my cheeks are naturally rosy with the amount of blushing I do.

He gets me so flustered. "You called me baby it's been a while." I cover my mouth, I didn't mean to blurt it out.

"Yeah sorry if that made you uncomfortable it just slipped out," he says. "It's okay, I... I missed it." I turn away from him and start to dry my hair with the towel.

We kissed for the first time last night after that party which annoyed the hell out of the both of us.

And by kiss for the first time, I mean kiss for the first time in two years.

Neither of us had drunk any alcohol and so I had to ask him for what I wanted.

He gave me it, I enjoyed it so much since I was practically touch-deprived. We had sex, and fuck it was so good.

"I want to be with you, Bella."