Sixty

"Hey!" someone shouted. Erin looked up from her charts, spotting Mark stood with a woman with dark hair at the nurses desk. "Baby Grey, over here!" he waved her over.

Erin held up a finger and looked back down at the chart, studying it for a second longer. She walked over to the nurses desk and smiled at the nurse.

"Uh, I'm gonna need to order a new set of labs on this patient, please. ASAP. I think he might have a post-op infection and that's bad because of his cardiac history," she said.

"I'll get right on it," the nurse smiled.

"Thank you, Emily," Erin said. She turned to Mark and the woman. "Hey," she said.

"Erin, this is Amelia Shepherd, Derek's little sister. Amelia, this is Meredith's little sister, Erin Grey," Mark said.

"Nice to finally meet you. Addison doesn't shut up about you back in LA," Amelia held out her hand with a grin.

"Nice to finally meet you, too," Erin laughed, shaking her hand. "I like you better than Kathleen already. Or Nancy. Which one did I meet?" Erin looked at Mark.

"Nancy," he said.

"Right. Yeah, I like you better than her already," Erin looked back at Amelia.

"You're Derek's sister in law so you're his sister, which makes you my sister. You're officially my favourite," Amelia said. Erin smiled happily.

"Erin has that effect on people," Mark said. "How's Lexie?" he asked.

"Mark, if you want to know how Lexie is, you have to ask Lexie. I'm not gonna be a messenger for my sister," Erin said.

"Erin," he whined. Erin rolled her eyes fondly. "Fine. Amelia brought in a patient for Derek. Why don't you take her down to the CT lab while I go to the ER? I've been paged," he said.

"Yeah, alright. Come on," Erin said. Amelia smiled and followed her down the hallway. "So, what things has Addison told you?" Erin said.

"That you're an amazing surgeon and she wants you to go into neonatal but she figured that you'd been mostly in pediatrics since she left, 'cause there isn't a neonatal surgeon here anymore," Amelia said.

"Pretty much," Erin hummed. "Derek hasn't said much about you," she said.

"Figures. Make a few mistakes and the golden boy banishes you from memory," Amelia rolled her eyes. Erin looked at her curiously. Amelia shrugged, not offering an explanation.

"Well, screw him. You've got me and Meredith. And Addison and her lot. How is everyone over there?" she asked.

"They're all good, actually," Amelia smiled. "Addison misses you," she said.

"I miss her. God, I'd kill to scrub in on a surgery with her again. I miss operating on tiny little babies," Erin pouted.

"You're officially weird," Amelia laughed.

"You operate on brains, that's weirder," Erin said.

"Why did you choose neonatal and pediatrics? I chose neuro because I found the brain the most fascinating," Amelia said.

"Well," Erin trailed off. "I guess I'm good with kids. Well, I am good with kids, or I wouldn't do it. I've got small hands so working on small parts is easy, and it's the best feeling to send a kid home to have a future instead of sending their bodies to the morgue," Erin said.

"That's a good point," Amelia said.

"Well, this is the CT suites. I don't know which one they're in so just look through the doors and go in when you find them," Erin said.