Sixty eight

•baby baby grey makes an appearance todayyyyy💗

————————————————

Erin stood in the NICU beside baby Sofia's incubator, watching through the window for when the rest of their group would bring Callie. She looked back down at Sofia and smiled.

"Sofia, you are so lucky to have a mommy and daddy who love you so much," she whispered. Sofia moved in her incubator and Erin grinned. She looked up when she heard the door open, seeing Callie was beside the window with Lexie, Cristina, Meredith, Jackson and April beside her bed.

"You ready?" Alex said, pulling on his gown.

"Yeah. You ready to meet your mommy, Sofia?" she whispered.

She and Alex pushed the incubator to the window, Alex pulling the blinds up so Callie could see her better. She and Alex made sure Sofia was stable before stepping to the side to give Callie and Sofia some privacy.

"This really throws things into perspective," Erin said softly. "This is the life Quinn would've had if she'd've survived and while I miss her so much, I am so glad that she didn't have to suffer through this," Erin said. Alex sighed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, kissing her forehead.

"How are you feeling? he asked.

"I'm good. Sad for Callie, but I'm good. Five months, one week," Erin put her hand over her stomach. "He's kicking like crazy," Erin said. Alex put his hand on her stomach and smiled.

"Soccer star, dancer or swimmer?" he said.

"I think we've got a little surgeon on our hands. He's training to run around this place already," Erin said. Alex chuckled.

"Yeah, I think he is," he said.

Erin winced as she stood up from the chair she was sat in at the nurses desk.

"Hey, hey, hey. I thought we said we'd ask for help getting up from chairs," Jackson said, helping her to her feet.

"Jackson, I'm only six and a half months along. I go off at eight and a half months. I'm fine," Erin said.

"I know you're fine. I still worry," Jackson shrugged. "Where are we going? Snack break?" he said.

"Yes. I've gained so much weight since I got to six months. I feel like I've blown up overnight," Erin said.

"You've got that-"

"If you say pregnancy glow, Jackson Avery, I'm gonna kick your ass," Erin pointed at him. He grinned.

"I was gonna say look in your eye that says if I don't feed you, you'll cry. Let's go get food. What's the little man craving?" Jackson said. Erin rolled her eyes.

"Little man is craving chocolate and lots of it," she said.

"Let's give the little man what he wants, then," he said.

"I got the hundred grand! We can do Africa," Alex spun Erin in the hallway as she checked scans on a monitor. She laughed.

"Well, that's great news. Really great news," Erin laughed.

"I'd say drinks on me but how about we just get dinner and go home to plan this instead?" he said.

"That sounds really good. I've been on my feet all day," Erin sighed.

"Is that good for the baby?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Don't you start mothering me. Me and Kermit are fine," she said.