Seventy six

"Erin Grey!" Catherine Avery called as Erin carried Archie into the hospital the next day.

Erin looked up in surprise.

"Dr. Avery," Erin said.

"I'm giving a woman a new bladder today. If you don't have any surgeries, you could scrub in. I'd really like to see how you work," Catherine said.

"Oh, I totally would but I'm assisting Dr. Altman and Dr. Robbins on premie heart surgery and I really do not want to miss operating on a heart that tiny. I'm still struggling between neonatal and pediatrics so I'm hoping this might tell me the right way to go," Erin sighed disappointedly.

"You have to do that, then. That sounds so much better than my boring bladder surgery," Catherine smiled. "Cute baby," she added.

"Thank you," Erin laughed. "I should get him up to the daycare," she said.

"Have a good day, sweethearts," Catherine smiled, walking away and leaving Erin to take Archie to daycare.

"Lexie and I operated on this girl today and we removed a tumour and now she can't speak and Derek is screaming at Lexie," Meredith sat down beside Erin in the kitchen as she did some online shopping for Archie now he was growing out of his clothes again.

"Arizona had to stay at home and pack her things so she can move in before tomorrow when her new renters arrive. So, I'm not getting any sex," Erin said.

"Me either. Go us," Meredith sighed, leaning her head against Erin's shoulder.

"Celibacy sisters. You gonna knit me another sweater?" Erin said. Meredith laughed.

"You wish," she said.

"I don't. I really don't wish. Your sweaters were terrible," Erin said. Meredith laughed loudly and nodded.

"They really were. Maybe they'll improve this time around," she said.

"Maybe," Erin said.

"So what, it-it escaped, like from the zoo?" Arizona stuttered. She, Callie and Erin were walking in the lobby on their way to the ER to see if they could help out after the lion mauling attack.

"No, someone's house. The thing was a pet," Callie said.

"What?" Erin gasped.

"Yeah," Callie said.

"I went to a grief group," Teddy walked over to them with a groan.

"Ew. You went to a grief group?" Callie scoffed.

"Callie," Arizona scolded. "You went to a grief group. Yay. That's g-" Arizona started.

"No, not yay. Bad," Teddy said. Cristina walked over with a sigh.

"Dr. Altman, I'm ready to get started on your stem cell project," she said.

"See? I mean, who needs a grief group? I am doing cutting-edge stem cell research. I-I'm looking toward the future, not dwelling on the past. Right?" Teddy said. Colleen, one of the nurses Erin knew Arizona had slept with, walked over to them.

"Sorry to interrupt. Um, it's my last day, and, um, I just wanted to say good-bye," she said.

"Aw. Well, it's been great working with you," Callie smiled, hugging her gently.

"Good luck back east," Teddy said, hugging Colleen.

"It's been lovely having you here," Erin said, squeezing her shoulder.