57

Jax's POV

Walking into a very crowed place shirtless is a good way to make yourself the center of attention; I sadly had to find that out the hard way.

The second I walked into the cafeteria it felt like all eyes were on me and I didn't love it. I honesty felt like a caged animal that everyone gawked it.

I tried my best to ignore it but for the most part, it didn't work.

When we got to our usual table Callum connected our hands under the table, which helped a bit but it still wasn't great.

Dinner passed with barely any conversation, which wasn't normal for us. Ryder usually hated the silence and tended to talk to himself if no one else was going to say anything.

Dinner passed slowly but just as we were about to leave something grabbed me by the shoulder.

Without being able to stop myself, I grabbed the person's hand and twisted it until I heard a satisfying popping sound before turning around to face the person.

If the person was surprised by my actions they didn't let onto it. Only slight discomfort rested on his face.

"We need to talk," Kyle said as he looked back to my cabin mates before turning back to me. "Alone."

"I'd have better luck talking to a brick wall," I said as I let go of his wrist and began to walk away.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He said just as I was about to walk out the door. "Just a few minutes," he pleaded. "It's really important."

I couldn't help but sigh as I looked over to Liam, his unreadable mask on like always. Callum wore a similar face but his didn't have as much practice and anxiety slipped through. Ryder was just glaring, not even trying to hide his emotions.

"You have five minutes," I say as I gestured for Liam to take the others back to the cabin.

I heard Kyle sigh in relief behind me before taking me by the hand and dragging me out of the lunchroom. He didn't let go until we were a few feet into the tree line.

"How about next time you don't do that?" I said as I ripped my hand out of his.

We stand there in silence for a while as I glare at Kyle, hopping he gets to the point soon.

"So you are dating the three of them now?" He asks out of nowhere. All I see is red as I try to keep myself from punching the shit out of him. 

"Fuck you," I all but yell as I glare at him and go to walk away.

"I'll take that as a yes," I hear him whisper. "I haven't seen Boyd in a few days," He says louder, catching my attention again. I stop dead in my tracks.

"How many days is a few days?" I ask without even turning to look back at him.

"Five. I'm getting kinda worried about him."

I can't help but swear under my breath as worst case scenarios run through my mind.

"You know where his cabin is," I point out. "Why don't you just go check on him?"

"Because if shit goes wrong three against one isn't exactly fair; Kellan said he wouldn't help."

"And you think I'll be any help?" I say, finally turning back to him just so he could see my glare. "One more fight." I say as I take a step closer to him. "One more fight until I have to go to jail. Do you know what could happen in jail? My dad would probably some sort of covert rescue mission planed within a few days of me being there. You think I want to go back to him?"

Kyle frowned, his forehead creased as he thought.

"What about that cabin mate of yours? The big one?"

"Callum wouldn't get involved."

"And the tall skinny one?"

"I don't think he can fight."

"Then we are back to you."

I glare at him again and go to walk away.

"You don't even have to fight them. If all goes well we won't have to fight them. We just need to go check on Boyd."

I frown as I weigh over my options. Of course Boyd was worth getting in a fight over but was he worth going to jail?

"I'll go with you," I say gaining a smile from my former friend. "But if someone so much as touches me in there you better have my back when they try you kick me out."

"It'll be like old times again," he said with a smirk as he began showing me the way to Boyd's cabin. "Back before I met Kellan and you became a brooding jackass. It's good to be back." I stop at his words, causing him to stop too with a confused look on his face.

"I'm here for Boyd," I clarify. "We aren't friends. We were never friends. We both just tolerated each other because both of out dads were into the same shit. Once I make sure Boyd is okay I plan to go back to ignoring you again."

Kyle frowns and nods as he begins to walk again.

Boyd was kinda the one who made us friends to begin with, it's almost poetic that he will be the reason we see each other for the last time.

Couple of announcements!

1. Another platform offered to pay me for writing!

As of right now THIS STORY IS NOT INCLUDED. Loving the Fighter will stay on Wattpad for the foreseeable future.

2. I have a new story!

Please please go read it!  It would literally make a day and I promise it will be worth your time.

It is a re telling of Apollo and his gay lover Hyacinth.

Everyone knows that Apollo and Hyacinth were in love before Hyacinth died, but what if he never died?

The pair would only grow closer together and their love would grow stronger. They would be inseparable.

What would happen if Hyacinth disappeared with no explanation?

Apollo is forced to go on a quest to find his lost lover before it is too late.

3. The new story needs a cover!

If you are interested you can PM me here or on Pinterest @ emmaRoseherondale24

I am giving creative freedom to who ever wants to make the cover, make it how ever you would like, but please read at least the first chapter just so you can get a feel for the vibe.

I also ask that you do not add my name onto the cover of the book seeing as my name could change when I switch over to the new place.