79

Jax's POV

I'll be honest, I was actually pretty excited about Town Day but I still didn't think that I would actually be able to go. Even though I knew the chances of me going was slim, it still hurt when Andrew said I couldn't.

Since we had all woken up at about 5 to get ready I ended up going back to sleep and didn't end up waking up again until after lunch.

I was about to roll over and try to go back to sleep when my promise to Liam came back to me, making me cuss loudly. I didn't know how long they would be gone so they could walk through the door any minute or they might not come back until midnight.

With that in mind I force myself off the bed. I'd rather step outside for about three seconds to find a leaf then go back to sleep then to get fake scolded by Liam.

Just as I was about to open the door a knock came from the other side. Part of me didn't want to open it purely because I didn't feel like being near anyone right now but I open it anyway.

Mathew stood on the other side with a happy smile on his face and about five other people behind him. My mind immediately comes up with worse case scenarios as I push the fuzzy feeling away.

"Hey, I thought you would skip out on Town Day," he said as he ushered me out of the cabin. "We're playing basketball," he said as he turned around and began to walk away without another word to me.

I thought about just splitting off from them now but something told me it was best to go with him for the day. Plus I liked that he didn't flat out say that I was banned from going out today.

"So you skipped out too then?" I asked when I caught up to him.

"I skip out every time. It's stupid. 'Here, have freedom for a few hours but remember, don't stray too far from the guard. Oh, and don't go past this place. And be back by this time. And don't look at anyone other than your cabin mates or we will drag you back to camp.'" He said in a high-pitched voice, I assumed he was mimicking Mary but I couldn't be certain. "It pisses me off."

"Most things piss you off," one of the other guys said with a chuckle.

"You're one to talk Jordan," Mathew said as he playfully shoved Jordan to the ground.

"So how are we doing teams today?" Another one says as we all step onto the court.

"I call Jax," Mathew says quickly as he grabs me by the arm. For once I don't feel the need to push him away from me.

"You always get him, let someone else be on his team," Jordan complained.

"Yea, because I found him. When you find a star athlete you can call them for every game."

"Just let Jordan be on your team, Jax can pick up his dead weight," another guy said with a teasing smirk, I think his name is Michael but I'm not sure.

"Why do you people hate me," Jordan grumbled as everyone found their positions.

One long game later, we finally all went our separate ways. At least I split off from Mathew and his friends but before I left they said they would be at the snack bar if I wanted to come find them but I already had my mindset on going to the cave that Liam showed me.

I sat at the entrance looking out at the lake for a while as I admired a random leaf that I found while I was walking here. Sweat poured down my neck and back and all I really wanted to do was head back to the cabin but I also didn't feel like moving anymore.

My stomach rumbled after a while, breaking me out of my little trance and making me realize how late it was getting now.

The sun was already starting to set. The orange and pink sky reflected off the water, while the trees were the only things that separated the two.

I can't help but wonder if my boyfriends were at their park now, looking at the same sunset with me even if they weren't here with me. I shake my head from that thought quickly though when my stomach growls again, reminding me that I skipped lunch and breakfast.

With a small sigh I stood up and began walking the familiar trail to get back to the cabin when something from the corner of my eye made me stop and stare at it for a second.

All I could make out at first was a man in a guard suit stating at me from behind a tree. That sight made my heart beat fast as I began walking faster but another man stepped in front of me, making me stop quickly so I wouldn't run into him.

"Did you know that you aren't supposed to be out here after sunset?" the guard in front of me asked with a wicked smirk on his face.

My normal cold mask was back in an instant as I glared at him. For a second I see him falter but not for long.

"Must have forgot," I said coldly. "I'll be on my way now," I said as I shouldered past him and try to walk away but his hand grabs my shoulder, making me stop with another sigh.

"We've been keeping an eye on you," he said as several more guards come out of their hiding places behind multiple trees.

My mind was racing but not at how many there were. I was mostly wondering how long they had been waiting here and how I didn't notice them when I walked in.

"Sounds a bit stalker-ish don't you think?"

"Taking down 7 students, a teacher, and 5 guards all by yourself, it's pretty impressive."

"Yea well I wouldn't be too impressed," I say trying to hide my smirk. "Your security team kind of sucks. Now if you don't mind, I need to get to dinner before they run out of burgers."

I try to pull my shoulder away again but his grip tightens as he pulls me back against him. I can't help but flinch a bit as I force myself to remain calm.

"No," he says quickly with a voice that's way too friendly for this conversation. "We have a job for you, so you're going to come with us."

"I'd rather go swimming in the lake," I said calmly as grab his hand with my right and elbow him in the face with my left. He groans as he falls to the ground but I say nothing as I began walking back to the cabin.

The rest of his friends look confused and slightly dazed as I continue to walk past them, but their confusion ends quickly.

They all rush at me at once. My mind tries to keep up with my body but too much is happening. One second I'm fighting and doing fine, the next there are at least 7 people on top of me.

It takes me a second to realize that some people are holding my arms while two others are holding my legs. Someone else has me in a chock hold.

I try to break out of it but with no legs or arms to help I just lay there thrashing in their holds, hoping that by some miracle I can get out of here and back to the cabin.

Some one is speaking to me but I can't hear them. My head is swimming as I fight off unconsciousness but soon black invades my vision.

The last thing I see is the guard I elbowed in the face. Blood was pouring off his chin and onto my shirt from where he stood over me. A sick look washed over his face as he began to laugh when my eyes rolled back into my head.

I've had this planned out since the beginning. Do you know how long I've been waiting for this? Good luck on the next chapter when it comes out.

Last updated April 23, 2021