6

"After lunch, we have to stop at the shop to get clothes, get a class schedule, and get you registered for a sponsor," Ryder says as he leads me out of the cabin and to where the lunchroom is supposed to be.

"Sponsor?" I grumbled while keeping my head on a swivel.

The guards surrounding the camp still gave me an eerie feeling while Ryder walked right past them like they weren't even there. It made me wonder how long he had been here.

Any kid in a situation like mine was going to try to avoid cops at all cost and would shy away every time they saw one but Ryder actually smiled to a few of them like they were old friends.

This kid was strange.

"Yea, kind of like how people can sponsor orphans and stuff. They pay a monthly total to help the camp take care of us. I'm pretty close with my sponsor family. They send me nice letters with money in them every now and then." I simply huff in response as we step into the lunchroom.

The food looked better than I picture prison food to look like but not by much. The mashed potatoes looked crusty and you could shank someone with the bread because of how stale it was.

"Yea, it's not that good but you get use to it." Ryder says as he shows me to our cabin's usual table.

Callum and Liam are already eating when we get to the table. Callum's eyes widen a bit when he notices I'm wearing his shirt but he doesn't comment. Liam notices to and seems like he is about to say something about Callum gave him a look I didn't understand making him brush it off.

"He didn't have any clothes yet so I told him he could use yours," Ryder explains as he starts eating.

"Why did he even need clothes? He was wearing some before."

"I took a shower." I explained before playing with the food on my plate.

"Why?" Liam asked, almost like he was annoyed.

"You took a shower the second you stepped in the cabin," Ryder snapped at him. "Don't get annoyed at him for wanting the same thing you did." Liam frowned at his boyfriend but said nothing as he shoved more food in his mouth.

I stayed quiet as I ate while Ryder glared at Liam, Callum tried to calm both of them down, while Liam tried to ignore his boyfriend's glare as much as he could.

I've been here for less than a day and I already have the cabin at each other's necks.

I tune out as much of the noise around me as I could as I focus keeping down the food I was eating. I honestly have had worse when I had to throw something together with what we had at the apartment but I kind of hoped it would taste a lot better than something a 17 year old with no life lessons could make.

"Jax?" A familiar voice asked as something tapped me gently on the shoulder. I jump to my feet quickly and turning to see who touched me, ready to pound them into the ground before threating their life if they tried it again but my anger melted away when I see a familiar pair of green eyes.

A small Boyd stood there in an over sized hoodie with a smile on his face. He had a bruise on his face where I had to hit him but he didn't seem to mind it.

"They didn't tell me they were sending you here too. I'm glad you made the deal; I couldn't go back to my mom," he said, his smile never dropping from his face.

I can't help but letting a small smile slip as I see how happy he is about being here. Now all I needed was to make sure that Kyle and Kellan are going to be just as happy about the arrangements.

"I wish I was as happy as you were about this," I grumble under my breath. If I could have jut made the deal for Boyd I would have done it in a heartbeat. Kyle, Kellan, and I would have made it just fine on our own without this shit.