141

Jax's POV

I look over to Ryder who still had ruminates of the butterfly tattoo on his forehead.

He had gotten pretty fake mad this morning when he saw it but got over it pretty quickly when Liam reminded him that he could take it off. He still missed some of it though.

"What are we doing after we leave here," I asked, trying hard to keep the anxiety out of my voice.

I know we've been living together for a while now but we've only been dating for almost five months. If they didn't want me to move in with them yet I would need to tell Andrew so he could help.

"I'm going to college for psychology," Liam said as he looked up from one of his books.

"I want to be a barista," Callum said. "Maybe open my own shop some day and help Mary out. She could send her new seniors to work for me after they graduate."

"I plan on being a trophy wife," Ryder said as he struck one of his 'sexy' poses.

"I meant more of what are we doing, like living wise."

"I figured we'd all move into an apartment," Callum said skeptically. "Unless you want to find your own place."

"You are all okay with me moving in with you?"

"Why wouldn't we be," Liam asked, almost dumbfounded.

"It's not like we haven't been living together for the past 7 months anyway," Ryder said as he cuddled his dolphin toy harder.

I could feel the tension off my shoulders.

"What are you going to call your coffee shop?"

"I was thinking The Oat Milk Café. You know, to broadcast that it's gay owned but its still a cute name."

"Callum," Ryder began, "you're really gay."

"Well damn Ryder, I thought you would have already known that already. I mean, I think I've fucked you enough times for you to know that by now." Ryder blushed at that as he hid his face in the dolphin toy.

"So I'm guessing you had 'the talk' with Andrew," Liam asked while Callum and Ryder started having their own banter.

"Yea, I didn't like it but he's going to look for tattoo shops who will take me as an apprentice."

"That actually sounds like a really good fit for you."

"I'm excited to get out of here," Ryder admitted. "It will be nice to be able to go on real dates and do normal couple stuff like fight over chores."

"We already fight over chores."

"Well yea, but we'll be able to do it in an apartment this time."

"I want a dog when we move," Callum states as if there is no room for argument.

"What kind of dog?" I expect him to say a German Shepard or maybe a Doberman.

"A pug."

"Why on earth would you want a dog like that?"

"Because they are cute and deformed."

"Yea and they slobber. I don't want to have to clean up dog split every three seconds," I say with a groan.

Callum only rolls his eyes.

"Are we getting a one bedroom or a two," Liam asked after a while. "I mean we will really only us the one but we could have the second one as a movie room or an office or something but they are more expensive."

"I think a two bedroom would be good. I doubt they would even rent a one bedroom to four people. It's probably some sort of hazard." Liam hummed.

We all went silent again before Ryder looked at all of us.

"I'm kind of nervous about us moving in together. I know a lot of couple break up within the first few months of living together. I don't want that to happen to us."

"To be fair, those couples aren't us," Callum said gently. If we can make it through break downs, depressive episodes, and lash outs all in a tiny ass cabin, we can handle anything if we can get remove ourselves to calm down."

"You say that now, but we're all going to be pissed off in the moment."

"And we'll handle it just like we did here. The only difference will be where we're at," Liam said as he stood up and walked over to Ryder's bed before lying down with him.

"I know but still."

"Are you actually nervous or are you over thinking," Callum asked seriously as he debated whether or not to go to him too.

"Both I think."

"Nervous enough to go back on meds," Liam asked as he pet Ryder's hair. "Because this would be the time to do it. There is still time to play and experiment with the meds before we leave. This goes for everyone, if you want to try anything else, try it now."

"I don't like when we have serious talks," I admit as I get up and head to the shelf. I couldn't help but smile when I see Carter and Ryder's stickers lying side by side.

"I don't either, but we have to some times," Callum admits as I scan through the shelf for the first time.

"You said this was a good one right," I asked him as I held up that karate movie he talked about the other day.

"Yea it's pretty good but I feel like you are going to be criticizing it the whole time."

"I'm okay with that," I say as I turn back to the TV and put it in before going over to Callum where he was sitting on his bed.

"So are you going to come lay down with me or do I have to carry you over there?" Callum smirked up at me.

"I'd like to see you try and carry me."

"You don't think I'm strong enough?" Callum shrugged. I scowl at that I leaned down; one hand went to his legs while the other went to his knees as I scooped him up.

Callum's arms wrapped around my neck when I lifted him up, almost like he wasn't expecting it.

"I should drop you right now," I say as I start walking back to my bed.

"Don't you dare." Ryder chuckled as Liam picked him up and carried him too.

"Fine, I won't but only because you look adorable like this." Callum's scowl deepened as he struggled out of my arms and walked to the bed by himself.

"Don't ever do that again."

Last updated June 19, 2021