14

The beginning of this chapter happens when Callum takes Liam outside the cabin.

Liam's POV

I groan angrily at Callum as he pushes me outside and shut the door behind him.

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask, my face almost red from all the yelling I had been doing.

"You have to help him," Callum decides. He tried to leave no room for argument in his voice but I always ground room for argument.

"You know I don't help people if they don't want it or if they don't care enough to pay attention and try."

"I know but give him a break. He's probably never done school properly before and even if he has you know these classes are harder than most classes at public schools."

"That's not my problem. I'm not going to sit in there and butt heads with someone who doesn't care while I could be getting done quickly and doing other things."

Callum was quiet for a moment as if he were thinking about if he should say something or not.

"Miss Abbot was eye fucking him all class," he said with a sad expression.

My blood ran hot at the thought of that 'teacher' have her sites set on Jax.

I don't even know how she got a job at this place or why she hasn't been fired yet. Plenty of people have complained about her being inappropriate.

I guess teachers who are willing to teach criminals are hard to come by.

"If you don't help him then he's going to do what he has to in order to keep his grades up." I shake my head for a moment.

I wanted to tell Callum that Jax would never do that. That Jax would never do something like that but the truth was I didn't Jax well enough to say that he wouldn't.

I groan while running my hands through my hair.

I didn't like the thought of Jax fucking other people, let alone a teacher to keep his grades up. I also didn't like slackers or people using me just because I was smart.

"Just give him a chance. If he doesn't pay attention to you then Ryder and I will see if we have better luck teaching him."

"Fine." I grumble.

Callum smiles as he gathers me in his arms and presses a gentle kiss to my forehead. I sigh as I lean into my boyfriend.

"Let's go back in before he draws all over the damn cabin," I mutter while pulling away and marching back into the cabin.

Teaching him wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Even though he says he learned nothing in class I can tell he picked a few things up without meaning to.

English and math seemed to be his least favorite subjects. Math because he wasn't the best at it and it was frustrating. English because he hated sitting still for more than a few seconds to read. In the end he just sat there while I read him the few chapters we were supposed to read.

The second I checked his last math problem and said he got it right his book was closed and he was laying on his back on my bed.

The tension in the room nearly evaporated in that moment. It was like Jax was too tired to act cold to either of us.

While he talked to Callum I hid behind a book and hoped he wouldn't notice my eyes peeking over the pages to get a glimpse at his hard stomach that I could see through a small opening.