67

Liam's POV

We could all tell the moment Jax woke up that he wasn't exactly there but he hadn't slipped yet either. It's like he was living in an in between state and none of us knew how to handle him when he was like that.

Callum tried to avoid it all together but he was smart enough to know that touching wouldn't be a great idea today. I tried to ignore it but as the day went on it became harder seeing just go through the motions. Ryder seemed to be taking it better than both of us. He tried to keep Jax in whatever conversation we were having and it seemed to help but I had a bad feeling after he went to his session.

"So do we just hope he sleeps it off or are we going to try something?" Callum asked the second Jax was gone.

I was about to say something when Ryder beat me to it.

"Let him sleep it off. We both slip and from what I can tell they are pretty similar for the most part except when it comes to getting him out of it."

"I defiantly don't think it would be a good idea to latch onto him right now," I agree as I shoot a glance to the door.

"When he slipped with Abbott the first time it was almost like trying to pull him out of it only made it worse."

"That could have been because everyone yelling and fighting him but at this point we have to just keep experimenting until we figure out what works."

Callum huffed in annoyance but said nothing else.

We ended up sitting in a tense silence for a while until the cabin door burst open without hesitation. I expected to see a pissed off Jax ready to hit something but a guard took his place. He looked shaken but like he was trying to keep his cool at the same time.

"You three need to come with me," he said as he turned around without another word. I looked over to Callum who seemed hesitate as well while Ryder was already halfway out the door.

"What's happening," I asked when I caught up to the dude.

"Your roommate is having a full on break down," was all he said as he practically ran to Andrew's office.

Callum mumbled a curse as he picked up his pace until he was full out running to the office.

The guard pushed him back for a second when we got to the office door before knocking on it. Andrew was there in a second, opening the door with a terrified look on his face. I caught myself looking for any fresh bruises on his face and let out a sigh when I didn't see anything.

"Oh thank god," he breathed out as he opened the door more and ushered us inside. "I don't know what happened," he said as we stepped into the office.

My eyes scanned the office the second I walked in. At first everything looked normal. Then my eyes landed on Jax and my heart broke.

He lay balled up in the corner of the room. His eyes were closed but tears were still streaming down his face. His fingernails dug into the side of his head. He shook uncontrollably on the floor.

"What in the hell did you do," Callum seethed as he glared at Andrew.

I had only seen Callum truly angry a few times but this time it worse than I had ever seen. Callum had never been a violent person but in this moment he looked a good three seconds away from murder. His jaw was clenched, his hands formed fists, and nothing but anger filled his eyes.

"I didn't do anything. We were in the middle of his session and it was like he just blinked out of existence."

"He slipped," Ryder clarified as he looked down at Jax with a fearful expression. I only hoped he could get that fear under control before Jax came back or he would never forgive himself for scaring Ryder.