95

Jax's POV

I hated it. I hated every single thing about it.

I hated the boring white room I had been forced in, I hated having to watch my body move on it's own, and I absolutely loathed the way he talked to my boyfriends.

I could deal with all of that though. My main problem was with him. Carter. He was a menace and a liar.

I was there before my mom left. I was there when he treated her like dog shit. I was the one who had to suffer though my first beat down. He wasn't there for any of it. He just sat there and lied to all of them.

I was there. You just don't remember it.

That was new too apparently.

He talks to me almost constantly, but its not really talking. I don't actually hear his voice; it's more like a thought. Like I just know that's what he's saying. I hated this more than most other things.

I can't get him to shut up. He's starting to drive me crazy.

It's been a few days now since Carter felt the need to show himself and so far he hasn't come back, whether it's because I push him away or if he just doesn't want to, I can't decide but I'm glad he stays away. That stupid white room made me antsy.

It's called the front room. It's where you'll stay any time I'm controlling our body.

I only roll my eyes as I try to focus on anything else, in hopes I'll be able to block him out.

It was Friday already. I would have to leave soon before I was late to the fight.

I had already told the others about me joining Mr. Albright's art class and they all seemed to be pretty happy about it. I think they were just glad that most things were going back to normal.

None of us brought up Carter, or the diagnosis, or that day in Andrew's office. We pretended like everything was back to normal and I was honestly glad we did.

"I'm about to head out," I said as I stood up from the bed. Ryder gave me an excited smile while Liam frowned a bit, seemingly unhappy that his cuddle buddy was leaving.

"Have fun," Ryder called out right before I closed the door.

"I'm sure I will," I said just as the door closed.

I had tried to keep up my cheery mask all day but now that I wasn't with any of them I allowed it to drop. I wasn't necessarily mad that I had to go but I wasn't overly happy either. I liked fighting again but I didn't like that I was forced back into it or that I couldn't tell anyone about it.

Why are you even doing this? It's stupid. Just don't go.

Oh yea, because that worked out so well the last time. Who wouldn't want to do that again?

I'll protect you this time if you don't go but if you fight tonight, you'll do it alone. I'm here to protect you, not fight for you when it's pointless.

Good, I don't want you to help anyway.

His chuckle almost bounced around my head while I pictured him rolling his eyes.

I'm going to remind you of that in about five minutes. He said before going silent for the first time in over an hour. I scoffed back at him but he seemed completely unaffected.

My heart skipped a beat when I came up on the caged arena. My usual guard leaned up against the fence, his hands in his pockets as he scanned the woods until his eyes landed on me. His eyes widened as a smirk appeared on his face as he waved me over.

"I'm surprised you came," he said as he slung an arm around my shoulder as he pulled me into his side while he begins to walk towards the doors of the cage. "I thought I would have to hunt you down one last time."