125

Carter's POV

The first thing that catches my eye when I walk into the cabin is the broken bathroom door. I don't know how Callum managed it, but the trim that stops the door was now lying on the floor. At least the rest of it looked like it would still work.

I can't help but sigh to myself as I walked into the bathroom and grabbed Jax's bath rag. I put it under the sink to get wet before turning back to the corner where I had my break down.

I still couldn't believe I couldn't tell the difference between Callum banging on the door and a flashback of Jax's dad. I've always been able to tell the difference. I don't understand what happened this time.

I try, and fail, to shake those thought from my head as I bend down to wipe my blood off the floor.

"What are you doing," Callum's voice gently rang out but I couldn't help but flinch back.

"Doing some light cleaning," I joke as I lifted the now bloody rag before throwing it in the sink.

"I would have done that," he said as he leaned against the broken doorframe.

"Yea but I beat you to it," I try to make it sound like a tease, the way he always seems to but I'm not sure if it works. "Besides, now that it's done you can try to figure out how you are going to explain why our door is broke." He frowns at that.

"But I don't wanna," he complained as he melted into the wall.

"Well neither do I," I say as I go back to the sink, hoping I could get the blood out of rag. Callum only watches me for a while, until I almost have all of my blood washed down the drain.

"I'm sorry I made it worse earlier," he says out of nowhere. I lift my eyes up to the mirror to make eye contact with his. "I shouldn't have yelled, or touched you after and it's no excuse, but I was just trying to help you."

I stare at him through the mirror for a while, never speaking before letting out a sigh. I let the rag fall back to the soap water as I turned to face him.

"I was just mad. Ryder was right; if it had been Jax I would have done the same thing. I knew you were right to take me to the nurse first but I didn't want to admit it and I was too wound up to do anything other than what I wanted. You shouldn't be sorry, you were the one doing the right thing." Callum smiles a bit as he pushes off the wall and stalks towards me.

"All that matters is that we both understand that I was right," he jokes as he stands in front of me, his body trapping me between him and the sink. He smiles down at me before slowly wrapping his arm around me. I'm just happy I was calmed down enough to let him do it.

"Let's not go parading over a one time occasion," I say just as his arms begin to tighten but my words have him stopping in his tracks.

"Oh so you're going to be rude then," he said in an offended voice, his arms beginning to unwind from my hips. "I don't think you deserve this then."

I can't help but scoff at him as I pull him back before he has the chance to get far but he doesn't let his arms return. They hang by his side stiffly as I wrapped mine around his back, my face going into his chest. Callum somehow managed to always smell good, even after running 7 miles with me.

"Only because you're being nice now," he grumbled as he let his arms go around my waist again. I say nothing as we stand there for god only knows how long. "Do you want to go lay down with the other two heathens," he asked as he pulled back slightly.

I only nod as I look up at him.

"Only if you carry me," it was meant to come out jokingly, and maybe it did, but Callum only smirked as he his arms tightened before lifting me off the ground.

I gave out a small whine as my legs wrapped around Callum's waist as he began walking. Callum only gave a chuckle as he playfully threw me on the bed.

"You have got to stop slamming people on beds" I declare as I leaned into Liam instead, making Callum frown. Callum was actually quite gentle but it was fun to make him mad some times.

"So I brought you all the way over here and you aren't even going to lay with me," he asked, offense slipping into his tone. I only shrug with a teasing smile while Liam pulled me closer. I could tell without look that he was smirking.

"Sucks for you," Liam said but Callum wasn't having it. His frown only deepened as he lay on his back, scooting as close as he could to Liam and I, making my head rest on his shoulder.

"So I just have to sit by myself then," Ryder grumbled as he finished picking out a movie.

"Of course not," Callum huffed out as he opened his other arm. "You know I would never leave you out," he assured after Ryder had tucked himself tightly into Callum's grip. Ryder only hummed in response but he seemed pretty pleased with the answer.

"Are you tired?" Liam asked after a while.

"No, it's only 10ish." Liam hummed.

"Jax is usually tired after his episodes, and then you ran a lot after so I just assumes," he said with a shrug.

"Jax also stays in his episodes for longer," I brush off. He hums again.

His hand moving to capture mine again, this time I don't move away.

Last updated June 8, 2021