12

Jax's POV

I ran out of the classroom the second we were demised. Callum ran up close behind but I didn't stop.

A firm scowl on my face insured that everyone parted the way for me so I didn't bump into anyone. A feeling ran down my back as I thought about the awkward class I was forced to sit through.

About halfway through the class Callum and cleared his throat loudly, catching the teacher's attention. When she looked over to him she noticed the glare he had been giving her. From the point forward thee two of them glared at each other for the rest of the time.

If anyone else in that room picked up on what was happening they didn't act on it. Maybe there was still a bit of criminal in all of them. The part where if you see something you say nothing to avoid getting mixed up in a bad thing.

"I'm sorry about her," Callum said when he finally caught up to me. "I'd like to say it doesn't happen often but I would lying. She whores around with any student that needs to pass her class. She might even give you lower grades to help her odds but don't fall for it. She's definitely not worth it."

"Are you speaking from experience?" I asked with a small smile that I doubt he could see but with a teasing voice.

"Hell no," he said quickly. "I'm not trying to catch shit and sleeping with her would be the best way to do it." I couldn't help the small chuckle that slipped past my lips. Callum said nothing about it but judging by the look he shot me I could tell he heard it.

"So how do I get to the next class? Do I have to go find Ryder or something?"

"I'll drop you off there before then go to my class," he explained as he started walking again.

"I can already tell I'm about to fail this class," I mutter to myself when Callum stopped at a random cabin and announced it was my classroom.

"We won't let that happen," Ryder said from behind me with a smile on his face.

"You're going to have to be one hell of a teacher if you are going to get me to pass any of these classes," I say, making Ryder frown.

To be completely honest, I was never really one for school. It never interested me before I started fighting and after I started it was never a priority.

I barely showed up on most days because of the so-called training my dad would make me do. In reality, it was just me lifting weights and running on a track while he told me how bad I was doing.

"Liam is a lot better than either of us," Ryder said, making me frown again.

"So I've been told."

"It's time to head in," Ryder said excitedly as he took my hand and attempted to pull me into the room. I say attempted because I barely budged until I chose to pick up my foot and follow him to a random desk.

"Do you like this class of something?" I asked as I sat down at the desk beside him.

"No, not at all. Why do you ask?" He said in a serious voice that made me wonder if he was just that good at being sarcastic.

"You just seemed pretty excited about," I explained as I looked around the room and saw people littered around the room talking to each other.

Ryder blushed slightly but said nothing in response to my statement so I figured the conversation was over and busied myself with the piece of paper Callum had given me earlier.

So far it was full of small doodles that I had worked on all through the first class. It had been a good way to distract myself from the looks that the teacher was giving me.

"Those are pretty good," Ryder said as he looked over to the page. "You should join the art class."

"We have an art class?"

I remembered the art class from my old school being lifeless and boring. No one really wanted to be in that class, not even the ones who couldn't go three seconds without painting something.

"Yep. It's pretty fun. I took it last year but I wasn't any good at it so I quit. You would be good at it though. It's well funded since we don't have sports teams."