63

Jax's POV

I've been staring at the door ever since Callum left for his session. My nerves bounced around inside of me as I waited for him to come back, hopefully with some good news about Abbott.

My hands played and fidgeted with the toy I got from my Andrew while Liam kept glancing at me with uneasy eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked after the first thirty minutes, his eyes brows were raised but his eyes stayed blank.

I only nod as I continued to stare at the door.

"Waiting for someone?" His voice was filled with both concern and possibly jealously.

"Callum," I state plainly, still staring at the door.

"You miss him that much already?" He asked with a smirk, causing me to break my stare with the door. A glare forms as I move my gaze to Liam, who had a look of pure amusement written across his face.

"He said he would talk to Andrew about Abbott during his session tonight," I elaborate hoping it would wipe that smirk on his face, which it did but not the way I had hoped.

"Did she do something again?" A glare formed on his face as his eyes peered into my soul, looking for any sign that I was about to lie.

"She hasn't," I confirm, which makes relief wash over his face, "but I might do something to her if I have to see her every day." Liam frowns but says nothing as the front door opens and Callum steps though with a grim look on his face.

My spirits immediately fall when his eyes land on me.

"He said he'll talk to Mary about getting her fired but by the way he was talking, I wouldn't get your hopes up," he said with a very prominent frown.

I only nod as I lean back against my headboard. I try my best to keep my emotions in but I can tell that both of them already knew well enough how I was feeling right now.

"I'm sorry Jax," Callum said as he came closer. "I did everything I could. It just has to go through Mary now." He sat on the edge of my bed as he looked at me with concern written all over his face.

"I know," I say as I try to give him a smile but I'm not sure if it actually looks like a smile. "Thanks for trying."

My hand goes to connect with his but before they come together he moves closer until he is leaning on the headboard as well. I lean on him as I try to keep myself from exploding as I pick at the scabs on my knuckles.

"What if we just went to Mary ourselves?" Liam asked with a frown. "She might not listen to Andrew but she might listen to Jax if he explains it to her. She's always had a soft spot when it comes to kids, if she sees how bad it is for him to stay in that class then maybe she will be more willing to do something about it."

"You think it would work?" I asked, trying to keep myself from getting my hopes up.

"He has a point about the soft spot," Callum agreed as he continued to think it through. "You'd still have to play it up though. You wouldn't be able to go in there as badass Jax who doesn't care; you would have to go in there as someone who was assaulted and doesn't want to see their attacker everyday."

I can't help but frown at that. As much as I didn't want to keep seeing Abbott every day, I'm not sure I wanted to have to tell Mary what happened. I mean, I'm sure she already knew because of Andrew but Andrew could only tell her so much considering he wasn't there.

"We don't have to if you don't want to," Liam says with sympathy in his eyes, which makes me madder.

"I know that," I say with a scowl.

"We don't have to do it today," Callum said as he played with my hair. "We don't even have to do it this week or month. We can always wait until you want to."

"I don't we have that kind of time," I say honestly with a scowl. "If I stay in that class with her for much longer I will end up getting kicked out of here."

"It's up to you," Liam said as he joined us on my bed and put a hand over mine as he pulled it away from the scab. "You're going to make it bleed," was his only excuse but his hand didn't leave mine even after it was away from the scab.

My heart was beating out of my chest as I weighed out the options. On one hand I could get kicked out of camp for assault the next time I beat her up and could sulk got the rest of my life at how unfair all of this was since it was her fault to begin with. Or I could admit that a 5'3 40 year old female scares and pisses me off at the same time simply because she was touched me one time.

"Is she even still here?" I asked after a while. It was already close to 7 and most of the non security guards went home at 6ish.

"I would assume so. She doesn't normally leave until 10," Liam said as his thumb drew patterns on my hand.

"Would you," I say with a bit of hesitation. "Would you two come with me?"

"Of course we would," Callum, said he pulled me closer into his side.

"We could even wait for Ryder to come too if you want," Liam suggested but I instantly start shaking my head.

"No, Ryder stays out of it," I say with a small scowl. "Ryder doesn't get to know anything." Callum looks like he's about to say something about it but Liam stops him with a glare.

"That's okay, Ryder doesn't have to go with us."

I was still on the fence when Callum smirked and turned my head to make me look at him.

"And just think, if Mary says no, we have all night to plot a murder." I couldn't help but smirk back at him as he leaned down, his eyes focusing on my lips. I let him come a few inches from mine before pulling back with a teasing look.

"Not now," I say simply. "We have too much to do." My face drops back down into a scowl as I stand up from the bed.

"Let's go talk to Mary I guess."