139

Jax's POV

All I know was that it was early and that I was being shaken awake. I tried to ignore it at first but the shaking only got harder until it slowly turned into gentle shoves.

"Jax get your ass up. We're going to be late. If you miss check in for Town Day you don't get to go," Ryder whined, making me finally peak an eye open. I had kind of forgotten that it was Town Day but now that he had said it, I was getting excited again.

I force myself out of the bed before picking out some random clothes and stealing one of Callum's dark blue hoodies for Carter in case he fronted.

As I put my shoes on, I kept waiting for Andrew to knock on the door like last time and tell me something else happened and I couldn't go but he never came.

"So how is this supposed to work," I asked as I follow the others towards the cafeteria.

"First Mary will make a few announcements about how we should be proud of ourselves for doing so well. Then she'll ramble for a minute. After than she usually takes a few sips of coffee while she waits for any stragglers. And finally she will assign us a guard who will load us up in his or her car and drive us to breakfast where Mary will give us more rules," Liam explained boredly as he settled down in his usual seat.

To my surprise Kyle and Kellan weren't here and neither were Matthew and Jordan but I remember Jordan said they never went. Boyd and Dylan showed up only a few minutes later though.

Liam's explanation was actually pretty spot on, you could tell he had been through enough of these by now to know everything about what was about to happen.

I actually blanked out for most of the announcements until Mary started calling out 'group leaders', which was just a nice name for correctional officers.

"Callum's cabin will be with Patrick," she said just as Patrick slipped into the room as if he had been here the whole time. He shot me a small smile before doing a few rounds and talking to other guards, probably to go over last minute safety procedures.

I wasn't really surprised that Patrick was going to be with us. It's not like he would trust any other dude with me considering my tract record with guards. If I'm being honest though, I'm kind of glad I'll be with him instead of a stranger.

"If you already know you're guard you can go to them but if you don't come up to the front and I'll send you to your leader," Mary said happily. Callum stood up without a word, looking like he was still half asleep, as he went to go find Patrick with the rest of us following behind him.

"You guys ready to get going," Patrick asked almost as soon as he saw us.

"Is there anyway we can skip the second round of announcements since we have you," Liam asked as he followed Patrick out to his car. To my surprise it was an actual car and not a cop car like everyone else's. Patrick wasn't even in uniform like the others.

Patrick gave a small laugh at Liam's question as he started the car.

"I think Mary might actually kill me if I let you skip, especially since Jax hasn't been before."

"Yea but you could just explain it now and we can skip all of the boring stuff," Liam tried again.

"I'm breaking enough rules by not being in a cop car and not having on anything cop related. I don't think we should add to that." Liam pouted as he leaned against the window. I gave him a small smile as I bumped his shoulder and leaned into his ear.

"Quit pouting like a baby before I spank you like one," I whisper just loud enough for him to hear. He blushes as he turns to face the window even more. Callum smirks as he pulls Ryder onto his lap as if he got the gist of what I had said.