80

"I wish Jax was here," Ryder pouted as he looked out onto the pond. The sunset was bouncing off the water, creating the illusion of two never-ending skies.

"Me too," I admitted as I lay down on the grass.

"Me three," Callum said as he sat on the bench like a normal person. "But he would feel back if he knew we were only thinking about him today."

He had a point but I still felt bad that we had leave him behind.

"You think he will like the things we got him?" Ryder asked hopefully as he began rummaging through all of the shopping bags.

"I'm sure he will. Well, first he's going to be mad that we spent money on him, and then he's going to like everything." Ryder giggled at that before looking back at the pond dreamily.

"What do you think he's doing?"

"He better be in the dinning hall," Callum says coldly with a small glare. He would never say it to Jax but his incident in the bathroom a few weeks ago scared the shit out him. He's had enough ED friends to know how bad it can be and how it can end if they don't get help.

"I hope he at least had fun today."

"I'm sure he did," I say with an encouraging smile as I looked back at the pond.

Jax's POV

The feeling of something being poured on my face woke me up quickly.

My eyes snapped open and took in the scene in front of me but it took a second for my brain to process all of it.

I lay with my hands cuffed behind my back, in a make shift cage fighting arena that was somehow well light, with an asshole standing above me with a broken nose, and decently big crowd around cheering at something.

"Wake up sun shine," the man above me said with a cold smirk. "Got a job for you."

I'm on my feet in a second while I push my back into the chain link fence behind me, just to give me a bit more space between me and him.

I glare at him but he only laughs as he comes closer. I go to kick him but he easily sidesteps it. I try to struggle away from him but there is only so much I can do without hands. He comes closer until we are chest to chest. His hand rests on my throat as he applies pressure.

"I'm only going to explain this once, so you better be good at listening," he says with a smirk. "You have one job here. Beat the shit out of people, win me money, then go back to your cabin and never speak about this to anyone. Don't hit in the face or you will be punished." His smirk only widens when I scowl at him while his hands slip down my cuffed hands. "Don't act like you're mad about it. I've been watching you for a while and all you do is fight. I'm just profiting off of it. Now," he says once my hands are freed. "Get out there and win me some money."

The next thing I know, I'm being shoved into cage arena while the door behind me is being locked.

The familiar sound of cheering fills my ears as I looked around the arena quickly until my eyes landed on the only other person in here.

He was a bit taller than me but he was lanky and obviously didn't have much experience when it came to fighting.

Part of me wanted to just focus on getting out of here but when the starting bell was chimed it didn't matter what I wanted anymore. That one sound was all it took for my chest to feel hollow as I slipped while muscle memory did everything for me.

The boy stalks closer but I hold my ground. He throws his arm out for a lazy punch, which I easily block, before giving him a hook to the ribs. I half expected him to just fall down to give up but he only winces as he backs up quickly but I don't let him get far.