92

Jax's POV

I stare at the door as I wait for Callum's session to end. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was actually pretty excited about our date tonight.

Callum had refused to tell me what he had planned out which only added to the hidden excitement I forced myself to bury as the day went on.

My hands played with each other as I waited until Callum finally walked through the door with a proud smile on his face. His smile changed into a smirk when his eyes landed on me as he gestured for me to get up.

"Are you ready or not," he said teasingly.

"I'm ready when you are," I said blankly as I stood up from the bed, still not letting Callum know that I was excited. "So where are we going," I ask again, hoping he actually answers me this time.

"A place," he said blandly, mocking my bored expression. I only roll my eyes as he takes my hand as he leads the way.

"And what are we going to do at this place?"

"A thing or two."

"Helpful as always," I say with a sigh making Callum chuckle a bit.

We kept walking until Callum stopped, looking at me with another smirk.

"You have to close you eyes now," he stated.

"And have your clumsy ass led me? I might as well fall and break something now just to save time," I joked but closed my eyes anyway as I wait for Callum to take my hand again but his hands come to cover my eyes instead. Part of me was already a little disappointed. This seemed like it was going to be some big, extravagant, and overly gushy thing and to be honest, I'm not sure I liked that very much.

Nevertheless, I wordlessly let him guide me until he comes to another stop. I could hear voices and footsteps but I couldn't make out sentences or how many people were there.

"Are you ready?" Callum whispered excitedly in my ear, his hot breath brushing across my skin, his hands still over my eyes.

"I guess," I say trying to keep the sigh out of my voice but I'm not sure if it worked.

Callum's hand slowly slipped off my face. The second they were gone I force my eyes open. I can't help but bite my lip as I try to hide the smile that creeps onto my face.

"Do you like it," he asked as I took in the makeshift baseball field that stood in front of me. A large blanket lay beneath our feet. Guys and girls ran around the field as teams sorted themselves.

"I like it a lot," I admit as I sat down on the blanket, my eyes never leaving the field as the game begins.

"I thought you would. I try to bring Liam and Ryder along with me most of the time but they hate baseball. It will be nice to get through a single game without someone asking how the game works," he joked as he sat down as well.

"I love baseball. I actually used to play when I was really little."

"I bet you were adorable," Callum said teasingly as he leaned into my side, his lips brushing against my neck.

"Are we going to make out this whole time or are we going to watch baseball," I teased back, still watching the game.

"I don't see why we can't do both," he joked but moves away anyway.

We were quiet for a while. Only sitting there in silence as the game unfolded in front of us.

"What's a pet peeve you have?" Callum asked after a while.

"Oh I have way too many," I admit. "This may come as a surprise to you but I'm an easily annoyed person. When people flick their nails, the sound pants make with you scratch them, people who chew loudly." Callum chuckles as he pulls me into his side.