7

Callum's POV

"This dude is actually insane," Liam whispered when Jax was no longer in the lunchroom. I only shrug in response to his comment but Boyd looks like Liam struck a nerve.

"It's not his fault." He tried to explain, "you didn't see the way his dad treated him. No one really did unless you were paying very close attention."

"His dad didn't treat him well?"

"He's a 17-year-old kid who was forced to fight for money; no, his dad didn't treat him well." Boyd practically spits out as he glared at us.

I was honestly surprised he could make me feel even a sliver of fear, let alone the amount of fear I feel now as he glares at me.

"What did his dad do?" I asked in a kind voice after we all sat in silence for a few minutes.

"From what I understand he slapped him around a good bit, didn't let him eat all that much, he didn't get to go out much. None of us did. Our parents all thought we would make a run for it the first chance we got. They were right of course but a few minutes of freedom would have been much welcomed." He seemed to be in deep thought for a minute before snapping out of whatever daze he was in.

"It's not really my place to be saying all of this. Kyle will know more if you want to ask him when he gets here but I doubt he'll answer you."

"Who's Kyle?" Liam mumbles out with a slight pout making me smile. Someone was getting jealous over someone he didn't even know.

"He's Jax's best friend. Jax pretends like he doesn't really like Kyle but we can all tell he does."

Liam's pout only widened at this as he grumbled something I couldn't hear. He was cute when he acted like this. His pinkish bottom lip curled out while his arms crossed his chest angrily.

"Kyle has a boyfriend," Boyd quickly spit out when he noticed the small glare on Liam's face. The glare softened ever so slightly at the news but not enough to make him go back to his normal resting bitch face.

"Is he even gay?" Liam asked rudely as he leaned forward on the table.

"I don't know. He's a very private person. He never brought up anything like that. I honestly wouldn't surprised if he was one of those people who don't feel romantic attraction to anyone."

I can't help but give a small frown of my own at that news. If Jax really was aromatic then there was nothing we could do about it but have a crush on a dude who will never feel the same about us.

"I'm going to go look for someone from my cabin to help get me one of those sponsor things." Boyd decided after we all sat in an awkward silence.

He looked a bit uncomfortable as he stood up and gave us one last look before opening his mouth with a frown.

"You three like him don't you?" My head snaps up to his quickly. Not because it was a secret that the three of us were in a relationship together but because no one ever picked up on it this fast.

I only nod my head at his question while I look down to the table.

"And all three of you are together?" He asks in a shy whisper. I nod again and wait for the hatefulness that usually comes with these questions but it doesn't come.

"If he does date you, take care of him and be patient. He's not use to things you get with relationships." He says sweetly before turning and walking away.

"Well now what are we going to do?" Liam all but roars, "I was just starting to like the small possibility of him being with us and now that might be out the window all together."