100

Liam's POV

"So what are we going to do about this," I asked Callum and Ryder as I openly stared at Carter's sleeping form.

Ryder and Callum had come back only a little while ago and were immediately ready to cuddle with Jax until I informed them that this was Carter. Their smiles instantly dimmed as they crammed themselves on Ryder's bed instead.

"About what?" Callum asked, never even looking up from the textbook he had laid across his lap, as to why he was doing school on a Saturday I don't know.

"About Carter."

We've never had the chance to talk about Carter. We were always afraid one of them would walk in on us. I'm not sure any of us actually wanted to talk about it, just in case their views on the subject didn't resonate with the rest of the group's.

"What about Carter," Ryder asked as he looked over to Carter.

It was weird. You could still tell it was Carter even though he was asleep. His face was relaxed as he balled up as small as he could. The covers were pulled up to his ears. It was pretty much the exact opposite of the way Jax sleeps.

"Are we going to date him, do we only acknowledge him when he is up front, do we friend zone him. Come on, I can't be the only one who has thought about this in the past two weeks."

Neither of them looked like they really wanted to answer.

"What do you think we should do," Callum asked after a while, making me groan.

"I'm not the only one in this relationship. It doesn't only matter what I want. I breached the conversation, one of you go first."

"I don't think it's fair to make this decision without Jax," Ryder said timidly. "He might not want us to date Carter." I nod in understanding before turning to Callum.

"And you?"

"I'm not sure. I mean I don't know him well enough yet. We've only met him a few times. That and we just got Jax and we don't even have him figured out yet. Are we sure we want to add more complexity before we've gotten Jax figured out? We don't even know if he likes guys; just because Jax does doesn't mean that Carter will."

"By the way he was checking you out last week I would say he likes guys a lot," Ryder teased before sending us back into silence.

I try to hide my frown but I'm not sure if I was successful or not.

I'll be honest, with myself at least, I kinda liked Carter; he seemed like a good person. He was nearly the perfect mix of Callum, Ryder, and Jax, how could you not love that in a person. Some times he could be so care free and happy like Ryder. He was overly protective yet down to earth when he needed to be like Callum. And he had the standoffish tendencies of Jax. What was not to like?

"Back to you," Callum said after a while.

"I think that Ryder has a good point. I should talk to Jax before we do anything else."

Callum nodded as he went back to his textbook. Ryder was still staring at Carter with a bit of longing in his eyes.

All I could think of was how we would even go about talking to Jax about this.

Jax hasn't talked to us at all about Carter. We didn't know if he was still loathing him or if they had gone to tolerating each other or if they had become best friends in their short time together. All of which would affect the way he reacted upon hearing that we were interested in Carter.

"Liam," Callum said after a while, snapping me out of my trance. He was now kneeling right beside my bed, my hands in his. Judging by the redness on my wrists I had been scratching them without realizing it. "You need to stop worrying before you send yourself into a panic attack."