25

Callum's POV

Jax and I sat alone in our cabin in complete silence.

After he stormed out at breakfast Liam had to leave for his session while Ryder had a test he had to make up since he couldn't do it yesterday.

I could feel the anger rolling off Jax even though it had been half an hour since breakfast but I didn't know what I was supposed to do to help calm him down. When Liam, Ryder and I talked yesterday we all agreed keeping him as calm as possible was going to be the key to helping him adjust but I thought it was going to be easier than it's turning out to be.

"Is there anything you want to do today?" I asked, finally breaking the silence. I honestly wasn't expected a reply but the silence was killing me at this point.

His was laying in his classic Jax pissed off stance of having his hands tucked under his head while he lays completely stretched out and still. Every muscle in his body seemed to be tensed.

"I just want to hit something really, really hard," he grumbles out, somehow sounding more and more angry with each word.

I didn't understand why he was so mad. His friend accused him of being violent; he's a naturally violent person. Why is that such a bad thing?

I had to stop myself from signing as I stood up from my bed.

"Alright, get up," I decide, trying to keep my own anger out of my voice.

"Why? Are you going to let me hit you or something," he asked, a small smirk plastered on his face, which made me feel a bit better.

"No but sitting around here seething all day isn't going to help. You've been here for a week and you haven't even see anything here other than the classrooms and cafeteria."

"And that's a problem?"

"Yes that's bad! You're going to be here for a year at the least, you can't spend the whole time in here."

He seemed reluctant, but I eventually got him off of the bed and out of the door. I could tell he was still mad but that could also be due to the fact that I forced him out of the cabin rather than the fight he had with his friend.

"So you got me all the way out here, now what?" He asked after a few seconds of us walking around aimlessly at the more summer camp part of this place.

His eyes darted around everything from the lake to the volleyball court to a few guys swimming shirtless in the lake, but they never lingered on anything for too long.

I was about to suggest we just hang out by the lake when I noticed his eyes focus on something, which made me look for what he was staring at.

"I thought you guys didn't have sports teams?" he asked as he kept staring at the guys playing on the old basketball court. The guys were playing teams by shirts and skins.

"We don't, but we are allowed to play sports as long as a counselor is watching," I say nodding towards the older person on the side of the court acting like a referee. 

He doesn't say anything but he watches closely.

"Do you want to play? They need an extra player anyway," I point out but he was already shaking his head.

"No, I don't know any of them," he said as he began slowly backing away but his eyes still watched the game.

I watched him closely, thinking about if he really didn't want to play or if he was just saying that. He could not want to get touched or he could just be shy, but that was so unlike Jax so maybe he really didn't want to play.

Just as I was about to turn around and suggest something else a familiar voice reached my ears.

"Hey Callum," Matthew, a shirtless boy who was playing, called out while the guys were taking a water break. "We need one more guy, either of you want to play?"

I start shaking my head since I didn't want to make things worse for Jax but Matthew very rarely took no for an answer. Before I could even come up with an excuse, Matthew was already walking towards us and explaining why we both wanted to play.

"It's going to be fun and you are both going to be so sad if you don't come play."

"We really don't want to play. Ryder is looking for us anyway," I say while trying to get Jax far away from Matthew before he did his classic shoulder around the arm while dragging you towards the thing you don't want.

Matthew was a good guy, he really was. But he wasn't for Jax. He was handsy with everyone no matter what gender and he tends to overwhelm a lot of people he talks to.

"Ryder can wait. We just need to even the score then you can leave."

"What's the score at now?" Jax speaks up as he keeps watching the court even though no one was playing right now.

"12 to nothing," Matt said with a small sigh. "We've had the same team since the beginning of the year and we haven't won a single game this far. Please man, I know Callum isn't going to help; he's useless when it comes to sports. At least with you we can be surprised if you suck," he begged Jax with the best puppy dog eyes he could make.

I could tell Jax was on the fence at this point and all he needed was a little push.

"I would like to just say for the record that I am great at sports, just not basketball," I say with a small glare at Matthew.

"Mhmm, sure man. So are you in or out dude, they will start without us if we aren't ready when they are."

"You don't mind me ditching you?" Jax asked hesitantly.

"Of course not. Go play, I'll sit here and watch."

He still seemed hesitant but slowly inched towards Matthew who was already yelling and running back to his team to tell them the great news.

The rest of the team seemed to be happy as well as they forced Jax's shirt off, not that it took too much convincing, before starting the game again.

Unsurprisingly, Jax was really good at basketball. In just a few minutes he had nearly tied the game up again.

At this one moment he didn't seem like the mean ex fighter anymore. He just seemed like a kid who was playing basketball in a random park and was just having fun.

He wasn't angry looking or shy. He was just akid and he was nice to see him this way for once

Sorry if this was kinda short, it was just a filler but I hoped you all liked it anyway. Already having ideas for the next chapter so maybe it won't be too long before thats up and written. Who knows, I might double update just because I feel bad that this doesn't really have anything to do with the plot.

Also, in case you haven't already figured this out, this story is going to have a lot of chapters so I hope you are ready and commited to this :-)