84

Jax's POV

"I seriously hate you," I said for the 20th time in the past 5 minutes, causing Ryder to giggle hard.

I only shake my head as I pull my wet shirt over my head and attempt to ring it out but there was no hope, it was soaking wet like the rest of me. Ryder was just as wet as I was but he seemed to be in a better mood about it than I was.

"You just had to shake the whole ass boat," I egg on with a playfully annoyed voice as I push my wet hair back out of my face.

"I didn't mean to," he said through his giggles as he follows me back to the cabin as he rung his shirt out as well, of course, his shirt was still on his body. "It just happened."

"You just happened to lean over the boat while you rocked it after I told you to stop it and the boat just happened to fall over? Very convincing."

"I didn't think it would actually fall over."

"Not even when I told you it was going to tip over? Tell me, what were my exact words before all of this happened?

"I don't really remember," he lied meekly. "Something about wouldn't it be fun if we fell in."

"That's not what I said and you know it. I said that of we fall in I was going to be fucking pissed."

"No one was hurt," he defended as he walked into our empty cabin. I half expected to see Liam and Callum but was actually happy that they were gone for once so I wouldn't have to explain why we were both tracking water all around the cabin.

"That's not the point," I said playfully as I threw my wet shirt at his face. He did nothing but sigh and watch as it landed on his face while I go to rummage through my sock drawer for dry clothes to change into.

"That was rude," he says as he peels my shirt off his face before throwing it in the dirty clothes pile by the bathroom before going to his drawer as well.

"So was shoving me out of a boat," I remind him as I picked out a pair of boxers and some shorts. I was already tugging off my wet pants as I walked to the bathroom to change.

"I was going to change," Ryder complained with a playful smirk.

"Think about that next time you feel the need to flip boats over." I said as I shut the door.

When I come back out Ryder stares at my chest openly while I go to lie down on mine and Liam's bed.

"You're getting the floor wet," I say with a smirk after a good minute of Ryder staring. He mumbled a quick 'sorry' before rushing off to the bathroom, only to appear a few minutes later.

He came back to stand at the end of the bed. A hoodie that was clearly way too big for him, most likely Callum's, was all that seemed to be wearing but I assumed he was wearing shorts that the hoodie covered, while his eyes continued to move up and down my chest

"Are you going to come lay down or not?" I asked after a few more minutes, making him blush a bit before coming around to rest his head on my chest.

My eyes shut peacefully with Ryder's het beside me, to be honest, I was ready to sleep right there for the rest of the night.

"Can I touch them?" Ryder asked after a few minutes. I took me a second to realize what he was talking about until I felt his finger hovering above one of my multiple scars.

I thought it over for a second. It was a good day and I had a pretty good grip on reality right now so I nod.

"Just for today," I mumbled tiredly. "I don't know how it will be most days."