Eighty six

"These cameras are bullshit. I swear to god, if they try and tell me how to do my job, I'm gonna stab Cahill with a scalpel myself," Erin scowled as she made lunches for herself, Arizona, Alex, Cristina, Owen, Jo and Archie.

"Cahill is a nightmare," Jo sighed. "Shepherd hates her," she added.

"So do I," Erin said.

"Are we gonna get fired? Us interns?" Jo asked. Erin sighed and started putting the sandwiches into the lunchboxes.

"When did I turn into this person, Wilson? When did I start making packed lunches and subscribing to wedding magazines and all of this other bullshit?" Erin said.

"Uh, I don't know," Jo said. Erin looked at her.

"You're not gonna get fired unless you give them a reason to fire you. They're making budget cuts by closing the ER but Derek spent the night with Kepner to try and stop that by making cuts somewhere else. Just..." Erin trailed off, shoving the lunch boxes into everybody's bags. "Just watch yourself, okay? All of you. Do not give Cahill a reason to cut you and you'll be fine," Erin said.

"You sure?" Jo asked.

"Wilson, you know as much as me. As soon as I know something, I'll tell you. You practically live here and I make you lunch, you'll be the first to know. Stop worrying," Erin said.

"It's kind of hard not to worry," Jo said, helping Erin pack away the sandwich stuff.

"I know," Erin said. She checked her watch for the time and sighed. "If everybody isn't ready to leave in three minutes, Wilson, Archie and I are going without you!" she shouted.

"We're coming!" Arizona, Cristina and Alex shouted.

"I'll get Archie into the car for you," Jo said.

"Thank you, Wilson," Erin sighed.

"C'mon, little guy," Jo smiled, scooping Archie up off the floor. "Shall we go to daycare?" she said.

"Yeah!" Archie cheered. Erin smiled, grabbing the six bags and following behind Jo to load the cars up.

"I hate her," Cristina groaned as Erin and Meredith joined her at the scan machine in the ICU.

"Who?" Meredith asked.

"My intern," Cristina said.

"Why?" Erin asked.

"Look at her, all mopey-faced just 'cause she didn't get her way. We were never mopey-faced. We sucked it up. Why aren't you in your skills lab?" Cristina asked.

"Oh, because the baby kicked. Wouldn't stop kicking, actually," Meredith said.

"Jerk," Cristina smirked.

"No, it's good. It's great. Kicking is a good thing," Erin said, pulling Meredith into a side hug.

"Maybe I should kick my intern," Cristina said.

"Maybe my baby's kicking because it wants a granola bar," Meredith said.

"That's possible. Archie used to kick for tacos," Erin said, following Meredith towards the cafeteria for food.

"Great," Erin slammed her phone down on the bedside table.

"What?" Arizona looked up from her laptop.

"Derek and April found ways to make budget cuts to save the ER, but Cahill told them that she's getting the hospital ready to sell. A buyer is going to save the hospital, not Cahill," Erin said. Arizona sighed and closed her laptop, wrapping her arm around Erin's shoulders.