Ninety one

"I'm gonna tell Josephine Wilson off so much, Archie," Erin muttered to Archie as they hurried down the hallway of the hospital to find Jo.

She'd woken up and made Jo breakfast, Jo asking to get a shower before she told Erin what happened the night before. Erin had agreed, but Alex had rang her during Archie's bath to tell her that he'd found Peckwell unconscious and battered in his apartment and that Meredith and Cristina thought he had done it. Erin had promised she'd ask Jo about it after she'd got Archie out of the bath, but when he was out of the bath, Jo was gone.

She knew she'd overheard the phone call and had probably gone to the hospital to stop them blaming Alex for it. So, Erin had got Archie dressed and followed to the hospital, even if she'd taken the day off to try and talk to Jo about what was happening. Arizona was even taking all of Erin's patients for her so she could.

"There!" Archie said, pointing at Jo disappearing around the corner ahead of them.

"Good boy," Erin kissed his forehead, the two hurrying after her. They followed her into a room, seeing Meredith, Cristina and Alex staring at Jo.

"He didn't do it. He just found him. I did it," Jo said.

Erin sighed, closing the door behind her.

"Archie, go and sit down, please," she said.

"Okay," Archie said, running to the couch and climbing on. Meredith grabbed a banana and peeled it, breaking off a chunk for Archie to eat while they talked.

"We were having a fight. He... he grabbed my arm. I fought him off. It just... it got ugly. He fell backwards and he hit his head on the fireplace, but he was still yelling when I left. He was fine. I swear," Jo explained.

"Alright, you gotta go. Go," Alex said quickly.

"Uh, no, she has to explain to them what happened," Cristina said.

"No, nobody does anything until we see how Peckwell is. Look, go home with Erin and Archie. Don't let anyone see you. You two don't say a word to anybody until we know exactly what's going on. Understand?" Alex said, pointing at Meredith and Cristina.

Erin nodded.

"Come on," she said. Jo nodded, turning towards the door. It opened and Stephanie Edwards stepped in.

"Hey. Are you okay?" she asked worriedly.

"She's okay. You never saw her," Alex said firmly.

"What?" Cristina asked.

"I have Paul Dawson's CT angio results," Edwards said.

"Great," Cristina grabbed Edwards and they left the room quickly.

"Go," Alex said. Erin nodded and grabbed Archie, putting him on her hip.

"Wilson, let's go," she said.

"Okay," Jo agreed. They hurried out of the room and down the hallway to the stairwell.

"Wait!" Meredith called behind them. They got into the stairwell, Meredith following.

"I just need to grab some clothes from the locker room before I go," Jo said. Meredith nodded. "Look... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt Jason. I was just trying to get away from him. And I lost it. I just lost it," Jo said.

"I like you, but I love Alex. I don't know if he's dumb enough or loyal enough to take the fall for you, but he just might be," Meredith said. Erin looked at Jo discreetly to see what she thought of this. Jo's face dropped and Erin knew that Jo really cared about Alex.