Sabo x Reader. Scars.

It was a quiet night among the revolutionaries. And for ______, it was also painful. She sighed, clutching at her freshly stitched waist. The burning pain she felt only reminded her she let everyone here down. And that she lost against a simple enemy.

As well as being physically wounded, her pride was too. For the first time in her life, she had been forced to cry out for help. From the one person she never wanted to see her so weak... She was so ashamed, she never wanted to see him again...

She opened her door, and that one person who had saved her. Was sat hunched over on her bed. At the sound of the door opening, Sabo's head snapped up to look at her.

"Sabo... I don't... Get out."

She whispered harshly. They weren't the words that were supposed to pass her lips. They were far too harsh for the man she owed so much, but she didn't want to see him.

And Sabo knew this. She always did have a lot of pride. Too much, in his opinion. He sighed her name, making her look at him.

"Listen to me."

He stated. Reaching out and grabbing her wrist, she made a small sound of protest but that was choked off as he pulled her into straddling his thighs.

"Everyone is inclined to asking for help every now and then."

He stated, looking into her eyes. She flinched when she felt a gloved thumb rub over her scar, inside her top. The cold leather made the pain numb slightly, as he continued to stroke the scar gently.

"Especially when we are in pain. Even more so.... when the one needing help, is someone you hold dear."

Her eyes widened, did Sabo... love her like she loved him? Her hands rested on his shoulders as she gazed down into his shocking blue eyes.

Suddenly, a small whimper left her. And she retracted one of the hands on his shoulders to press it to her waist. Sabo's hand being locked there too.

"It hurts."

______ cried out, eyes watering she looked away. Sabo contemplated what to do, he had to take the pain away. An idea popped into his head, and he gently shifted her so she was on the edge of the bed. He kneeled down on the floor, and rested his hands on her hips.

"Trust me, ok?"

He said almost pleadingly. She nodded and sniffled. Slowly, both hands lifted the hem of her shirt. When the angry scar was revealed, he leaned in and gently placed butterfly kisses against it. This made ______ shudder slightly, the pain fading into a tingling sensation radiating from the pit of her stomach.

"S-Sabo..."

She whispered, cupping his face and lifting it to level with hers. She had to lean down slightly, and he had to sit up. She felt his warm breath fan against her lips, but instead of leaning in to capture his lips.

She moved to gently kiss the burn-like scar that marred his left eye. His eyes slid shut, and he sighed. Relaxing into the gentle softness feathering across his face.

She pulled back and leaned down to take his lips, only pulling away when her lungs burned for air. Gently resting her forhead to his, after removing his top hat, she smiled.

"Thank you... Can you... Can you promise me something?"

He nodded quickly,making her giggle softly and smile wider.

"Promise me that you'll always be here... to take the pain away."