Demon!Reader x Angel!Ace. Thank you.

Alright, this'll start off kinda yandere...just warning ya. I was sitting in english, staring out the window when the idea just sprang to mind from nowhere. I was scribbling it on my hand like no one's business . But the ink is fading, so I have to hurry before I forget.... so, ONWARDS!

You watched over him. Always. He was undoubtedly, the centre of your universe. Your everything. He didn't know it (yet), but he belonged to you... or at least he did in your mind.

Watching him run around, protecting his little brother at marineford was truly tear-jerking... well, to someone who could cry. Angels don't cry.

Swinging your feet childishly, head in your hands as you laid on your stomach and looked down upon him, you giggled.

Soon.

He would be at your side very soon. Turning to look at the hour-glass with his name on top at your right, you watched as the sand drizzled into the lower section too slowly.

Hurry uppppp.

You groaned mentally.

Looking back down at the scene, you saw endless seas of blood, dead bodies, and depression. Glancing over at the golden gates to your left, you saw many of the men who were dead on the floors of the earth, glancing around curiously.

Any other time, you'd put on a wide smile, run over, and open the gates for the new-comers. But not today. You were determined to watch how Ace's life ended, determined to watch the remaining sand, whiz into the the bottom of the glass.

And soon, your wish was granted. You watched as the love of your life uttered his last words to his little brother. Watched as he slipped from Luffy's grasp, and hit the deck. Your stilled heart seemed to twinge in time to the 'thud' his now lifeless body made as it fell.

Giggling again, you grabbed his hourglass, and watched as it shattered in your hands. The sand disappearing.

You leaped up, and ran to the golden, purely gates. And sure enough, there he was. A picture of health. The wound that caused him death, none existent. As his eyes fell upon you, his eyebrows came together.

Your happiness was cut short, as your arms were seized from behind. Whipping to face the arc-angels that had a hold of you, you jerked harshly to try and pry yourself away.

As you were guided past the new-comers, you heard as one of the elders whispered to your beloved,

"Don't mind her, she's delusional. She believes she's an angel. All demons like to believe that they are..."

Growling, Your eyes began to water for the first time. Your demonic nature begining to show.

"She's been here for weeks, just waiting for you to pass on. She's 'in love' with you, you see. Crawled from the very depths of hell just to see you..."

The same voice whispered. As you whipped around again, you saw Ace giving you a pitied look. You had to say something.

"Ace! Please! Don't let them take me back down there, please!"

You screamed. Blood dripping from your eyes as tears. You watched as he turned to the angel at his side, and gave him a look that suggested he wanted them to give you a chance. But the angel shook his head. Hand looping around Ace's back, he began to guide him and the others away.

"There is no place among angels for a demon..."

Suddenly, the amazing happened. Ace shrugged away from the man guiding him away and came running towards you. He shoved the two arc-angels that were dragging you back to the underworld off, and held onto you protectively.

"Then I shouldn't be here!"

He cried out. Your eyes widened.

"The blood of a demon flows through my veins, so I shouldn't be here either!"

He looked down at you and smiled, gently wiping the blood off of your cheeks. He then, turned back to the angels and glared.

"I find it stupid that you can allow a genuine demon to walk among you, yet you brand those who made some mistakes in the past life unworthy!"

The angels began to glance among one another.

"He has a point..."

One mumbled, those who were with Ace in his past life nodding furiously in agreement. Simply because they were loyal to their brother.

Sighing, the Angel known as the 'all-seer' approached you.

"You have one chance. Prove to us you can live among us as an angel, and we shall overlook your wordly crimes."

You nodded furiously, and immediately after, the spear like tail that was protruding from back, disappeared in a puff of black ash. Your hair colour lightened. Not changing from the (h/c) you had, just lightened slightly. Your eyes became a striking blue, and a halo replaced the horns atop your head.

The others walked off, past the golden gates, leaving you and Ace in silence. When suddenly, Ace spoke up.

"Holy mackerel! I-I'm in heaven!"

He cried out, looking around in disbelief. You nodded and giggled.

"I'm (y/n) by the way..."

He turned to you and smiled. A few moments later saw his smile falter.

"He said you were in love with me..."

Ace whispered, a slight blush dusting his cheeks. Sighing, you nodded. Fiddling with your fingers nervously.

"I'm guessing you don't feel the same..."

He sighed and nodded. You bit your lip and looked away, tears threatening to spill. Well, if they could. Angels don't cry. When you heard him breathe a soft, 'hey', you looked up at him. A small smile graced his face.

"Not yet, but give it time. We have an eternity together. I can already tell you'll be a great friend of mine, we just have to wait and see how I feel in the future."

Smiling sadly, you nod. When you cry out suddenly, a sudden force weighing down you as you are knocked to the ground. A sleeping Ace, nuzzled firmly atop your torso. Chuckling, you stroke his silky black hair.

"Some things never change, huh?"

You adjust your position, as to accommodate the heavy pirate, and smile down at him. Moving your lips to his ear, you move a few strands of inky black hair away. Your words nothing more than a whisper...

"Thank you..."