Sabo x Reader. Toy soldiers.

AN:

Song~ Eminem- Toy soldiers.

Sorry I couldn't add the song :(

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

It was a difficult thing.

Being a revolutionary.

Standing against the world government was, by all means, very hard. Well, of course it was. It's not something one does lightly. Pick a fight with the world.

It meant you were an enemy of anyone and everything.

So, how on earth the two young lovers managed to spawn their relationship was a mystery to all those who thought about it.

With a lengthy groan, Sabo sunk down onto his bed. Well, their bed.

Stress was taking it's toll on the blue-clad boy. Since Dresrossa, there had been none stop planning for their next move. That, on top of worrying for his brother and struggling to maintain control of his new power; he was exhausted.

In a rush of steam, (Name) emerged from the bathroom. The condensation and steam that had been trapped within the room, followed the girl as she left the tiled room.

In no more than a towel, the (h/c) haired revolutionary smiled softly at her lover. Holding the towel against her chest as she moved to peck his lips.

"Hey baby, you ok?"

"Tired if I'll be honest. Stressed."

There was a time when Sabo would refuse to voice his negative emotions, but his attempts were futile. She would always get it out of him, so in the end, he just told her exactly what was on his mind.

She frowned, eyes tracing his tense form before moving towards the end of the bed, where her silk (f/c) robe was draped.

Dropping the towel, she slipped into the silk clothing. Not being oblivious to the feeling of eyes on her back as she did.

Afterwards, she tied the two sides of the fabric closed, and moved towards Sabo. Crawling onto the mattress, she kneeld behind him, and began squeezing and rubbing his tense shoulders.

The sharp pain caused him to jolt, before the small ways of relaxation took over. Sighing again, his form began to visibly deflate.

"You need to learn to relax. Things are hectic right now, and will be for a while longer. So you need to learn to take a step back, take a deep breath, and just clear your mind."

She breathed, pressing on the junction of his neck, thumbing the area that met with his shoulders. The action triggered a guttural groan.

"Jeez, (Name). You're amazing at this."

The blond breathed, head tipping to the right. Humming, she leaned down to pepper kisses over his neck.

The absence of his jacket,cravat and waist coat made the action easier.

Raising one hand, she slipped away his top hat, and placed it to the left.

Groaning, the male twisted his head over his shoulder, connecting their lips in a passionate embrace.

Before things could escalate too far, she pulled away. Teeth gently tugging Sabo's bottom lip with her, before releasing it. She almost grinned at the reddish-purple mark her actions left behind on his flesh.

She pulled the male down, so they were lying down with her arm wound the back of his neck. His head rested on the crook of her elbow while she played with his wavy, blond strands.

"Sabo... We are revolutionaries. Life will always be filled with winding paths, and unexpected dilemmas. All you can do is know how to handle them. Whether it be the fall of a country, or even... The death of a brother."

The last sentence she uttered with sympathy. Sabo frowned slightly. However, as her head turned so her lips were pressed against his ear, he relaxed.

"We are nothing more than Toy Soldiers. All of us. Everyone in the world. Some rise to the top, others fall. Yes, we will be replaced, but we all will leave behind a standard that the replacement must live up to. So please, do not worry over things that may hinder your strength. You only get one shot to leave behind the best standards you can."

She whispered, placing a kiss to the side of his head.

In that moment, the blue-clad male was overjoyed to have this woman in his life. Without her... He had no idea how he would be able to put up with all that had been thrown at him.

Nodding, his eyes began to slide shut. All the troubles in the world couldn't bring him down right now. In the arms of his lover, there was nothing that he couldn't do.

Toy soldier or not, he refused to fall. He refused to be replaced.

Not while he had the will of Ace to carry on. Not while he had a little brother to watch over.
Not while he had a promise to fulfil.

And certainly not while he had a lover to protect