Kaku x Reader. Free running injury.

-AN-
Hey guys! Sup! So, I've Finally got to Galley-La! I'm only up to book 34 in one piece, so yeah, I know a lot more than I should...I shouldn't even know Law or Sabo! But ah well. Anyway, even though Kaku has only been in it like... A chapter or two, I kinda love him...and Paulie... And Lucci... But I love Kaku the most! Anyway,I kinda felt the need to write this! So enjoy!

Two pairs of sneaker clad feet hit against the tile of various rooftops. Both legs stretched to maximum length in order to beat the other to the ship currently docked not too far away. It was a battle of will now, as they dived and leaped from building to building.

The girl, not being one to be a bitchy competitive, looked to her left. On the other side of the street, upon the rooftops, was the man she was racing. Kaku. Almost as if feeling her gaze, he turned and looked at her. She shot him a smile, to which he returned, even though it was half shaded by the high collar on his jacket.

She returned her (e/c) gaze to the track before her, making sure to pinpoint the exact moment in which she had to jump to the next building. Quickly realizing the building opposing her was significantly shorter than the one she was on, she concluded she would have to do a breakfall. Well, unless she wanted a broken leg.

A millimetre from the ledge of the current building, she leaped. Arms stretched above her head as the breeze, caused by her downward fall, whipped her hair up. This was why she ran like this. There was no better feeling in her mind, than adrenaline you felt when you leaped from to roof to roof. That constant knowledge that you could fall, and die, powering you forward. Not leaving you any time to hesitate. Once you began running, you couldn't stop. Or you'd definitely fall.

The second her feet grazed the building she had fallen towards, she bent her elbow, so her forearm was right in front her eyes. She then pushed forward. She kept her chin tucked into her chest, her forearm hitting the tile as she propelled forward into a roll, or breakfall.

This served the purpose of transferring some of the force that around the rest of her body, in order to prevent injury in her legs.

Her feet came over her head, and as they touched the floor, she used the trajectory she got from the movement, to push herself back onto her feet.

All in all, she looked pretty bad ass.

However, the small accomplishment was cut short, as she overestimated the length of the roof she was on. The second she was back on her feet, her toes were already hanging off the edge of the building. And with no time to stop, she fell forward.

Her eyes quickly began to sought out something to latch onto. And as she thought she was doomed to hit the concrete below, she saw a small wooden beam, holding out the sign to a shop just below her. She quickly reached out her arms, so as not to miss the thing, and gripped it.

Moments later saw the sign post snap. After all, it wasn't designed to hold the weight of a twenty-one year old woman. And so, with nothing else to grip, she fell twelve feet to the concrete beneath her.

As her body slammed into the hard surface, she tried her best to distribute the impact around her body. But it's hard to do when you land on your hands and knees. A sickly 'crack' echoed in her mind as her right hand gave out beneath her.

She screamed out in pain, as many onlookers who knew her as Galley-La's awesome female shipwright, came sprinting over. She was swarmed with questions.

"(Y/n), oh my God, what happened?!"

"Hey, are you ok?!"

"Do you need some help?!"