Killer x Reader. Disobeying orders.

Killer watched as the youg girl slaved away. A brush in hand, as she scrubbed soap into the deck. Her sleeves were rolled up past her elbows, nothing on her feet. Her hair was tied back in a pony tail, which had become slightly messy due to the chores she had to do all day.

He felt pity for her. Which was unusual. Normally, if Kid gave an order, Killer would just go with it. Not really caring or thinking much of it. But when he first ordered this girl, who had boarded the ship by mistake, to be cabin girl in exchange for her life, he felt his chest constrict.

He knew for a fact Kid released his anger onto the girl. Not in a perverted or sexual way, but...He did hit her. Killer knew it. He felt horrible just watching her try to cover her bruises, or make up an excuse when someone asked how they were obtained.

He watched as she leaned the large brush she had been using, against the railing of the ship. Before picking up a small brush, that could fit in one hand,with no handle, and get down on her hands and knees. The wince she released not going unnoticed.

The suds that were once white, now turned an offish browny-red as old blood stains were washed away. The poor lass was probably terrified at the sight of them. Sighing, she rubbed her forehead with the back of her hand, and shakily got to her feet. She picked up the bucket of water that had been beside her, and poured it over the deck. Washing away the soap.

The masked man knew she wouldn't get praised for this. And, even he would get punished if Kid found out, he walked over to her.

"Hey,"

He began, making the girl gasp and flinch. Her (e/c) orbs widened in fear as she took a few slow steps back. He frowned ,although she couldn't see it.

"I'm not going to hurt you, it's alright."

He assured, although he could see the doubt clear in her eyes. He sighed, and decided to leave it.

-next day-

Killer awoke to the sound of his Captains enraged voice. He rolled his eyes, set up, and put on his mask. He took it off at night, after all, it didn't make for the most comfortable of sleep wear.

His eyes widened as he heard a bang, followed by a feminine whimper. He quickly grabbed his clothes, dressed himself, and sped out on deck. Where he saw the crew turn to him with pleading eyes. Clearly, they liked this no more than he did.

He made his forward through the crowed that had gathered, and glared through his mask at Kid, who hadn't noticed his presence. Killer allowed (Just noticed I've been writing the wrong kind of allowed in all my FF's, Damn it.) His eyes to trail down to the girl. Who was on her hands and knees, head hung low as her hair shielded her eyes. The sound of blood dripping to the deck made his own run cold.

Kid raised his arm to smack the girl once again, but Killer wouldn't allow it.

Catching his hand as he brought it down, he kept his gaze away from Kid's. Which was sure to be pissed.

"That's enough,captain."

The blond mumbled, arm dropping to his side as Kid tore his hand away.

"You aren't the captain,Killer. Know your place."

The red haired growled, however, this only further infuriated the masked man.

"I know that...however, I am your first mate. And as your first mate, I'm inclined to tell you that there is no pride in beating an opponent weaker then yourself. Especially when they have already submitted."

Killer retorted, lifting his masked gaze to his Captains, who seemed taken aback by his first mates out burst. Kid growled, before turning off and storming back inside. Once he was gone, sighs of relief were heard from all those on deck.