Reader x Depressed! Law.

-AN-
Omg, so many Law fan fics. Ah well, you love him, I love him, we all love him. I hope you like this one, it's being haunting my notes for at least 2-3 months. Also, please, please,please request things! I get my true urge to write when you guys ask me for certain stories! So pleeeaaasseeee, feel free to ask! Oh, yes. Trigger warning guys, please do not read this if you trigger easily. Remember. You can always talk to me. I won't tell a soul, and I will always try and help. I'm just a message away.

Bare feet padded gently against the cold floor on the yellow submarine. The submarine,that for about 5 months now, she called home.

In all honesty, the only reason she joined the heart pirates, was because she felt obligated to. Because the man she now called captain, saved her from.... how do I put this nicely? A drunken fool who wanted something she didn't want to give him.

But as the months ticked on, she became attached to everyone. Especially her captain. She knew that when he saved her that day, he was only doing what anyone other person would... but... still, a small part of her believed he saved her because even when they were mere strangers, she was special to him. Insane, right? She thought so to.

She continued her walk through the dark corridors, trying to shake away the dream that caused her to wake up. The dream being... what would have happened, if Law hadn't shown up...

Tears gathered in her eyes, a churning sensation in her gut at the mere thought. Despite the fact that her captain would be asleep, and most likely shout bloody murder for waking him up, she made her way to his room. But what she didn't know was, he wasn't asleep. And even if he was, he wouldn't shout... not at her.

Law jumped slightly as he heard the echoe of her small fist, knocking gently three times on the door. Her small voice sounding his name quietly soon after. He ignored her. Maybe if she thought he was asleep, she wouldn't come in. And she wouldn't see him like this...

His heart thundered in his chest as the door opened enough for her to slip in. Despite the fact his room was in total darkness, she could see his form sitting beside his bed.

"Captain?" She questioned a bit louder, her voice now tinted with concern. "What is it, _____~ya?" He slurred. Her eyes widened, and she quickly noticed the strong smell of alcohol in the air. He was drunk....

She gasped and hurried over to him, lighting a candle on his bedside table, and placing it beside him. She crouched before him, her brain struggled to comprehend what drove her captain to do what he has done....

Multiple empty sake bottles sat around him, some standing, some toppled over. One of the bottles was half full in his left hand, his right clutching a slick blade.

Blood stained his signature hoodie and jeans, his fluffy white hat stained in the crimson liquid beside him.

While she observed him, he gazed at her through blurry eyes. By this point, he couldn't tell if it was his own tears, the effect of the alcohol, or blood loss obscuring his sight.

He winced slightly as a sudden rush of cold air hit his left arm. The bottle previously in his hand, now spilled all over the floor. His sleeve that was rolled down for once, due to his lack of observation skills noticing it fell while in his drunken state, was rolled back up.

The first thing the young girl noticed was cuts. The second was there were dozens of them. And the third was that they were worryingly deep.

She shot to her feet, leaving the room. Her captain sighed, and picked up the bottle he was drinking from, sipping the rest of the liquid that hadn't spilled onto the floor.

He shouldn't be bothered that she left him. After all, everything he loved was gone. So this wouldn't be much different. The reason why Law drank and self harmed came back to him. Clearly he needed more alcohol.

Groaning, he stood up. And stumbled towards the door. But just before he got there, ______ showed up. She frowned, and gently lead him to sit on his bed.

She brought a roll of bandages and disinfectant wipes in front of his face. "You'll need stitches." She uttered while tearing open a single packet containing a wipe. "But I'm no doctor, it'll be reckless for me to try and do it."

"You went into the med room." He replied bluntly. She looked up at him, dumbstruck by how that was apparently the most important thing on his mind right now....But then again, he was drunk. "I told everyone not to go in there..." He hiccuped.

She shook her head, before gently dabbing his cuts. He hissed slightly in pain. "I had to, you're losing a lot of blood. If I hadn't have found you...then..." Her voice caught in her throat and she sighed. "Never mind."

Law watched as a single crystal like tear, rolled down her cheek. With slow,shaky movements, he wiped it away. "Why are you crying?" She looked up at him again.

"Because..... I'm worried about you captain !" She quickly wrapped the bandages around his arm and wrist,ignoring his hisses of pain, before sitting next to him.

"Why are you doing this to yourself,captain?" He immediately began slurring out the story of his childhood. A story he told no others, he probably wouldn't have even told her, had he been sober.

She found herself tearing up at the story, and she felt pained to see her captain tell it with such an emotionless face. A face that she saw every day.... was his past the reason his was so isolated? So caged in and alone? The reason why he was so angry and short tempered?

Despite the fact Law never showed emotions, or signs of wanting any one else to show emotions. She took his head and pulled towards her shoulder, a small sign of sympathy and affection. She was surprised when he sighed contentedly and wound his arms around her waist.

That was when she realised, the day she joined his crew... that wasn't her repayment for him saving her life. That was only the lead up to this moment. This was her repayment. He saved her so she could be here now...

In his time of need.