Luffy x Reader. Lazy day -modern au-

-AN-
Sorry for not updating. One word...comicon.

"Luufffyyy~"

You whine, yawning soon after. The young boy groans and tilts his head past his phone to look at you.

"I want fooood."

You drawl, poking his leg with your big toe. Today was one of the very, very few days where both you and Luffy could not be bothered to do a single thing. So, you were both sat on the sofa in his apartment, you lying one end, Luffy on the other.

"Me too, get me some meat."

Luffy replied, the implication that you wanted him to get it swinging right over his dense little head. A loud groan left you, and you slouched lower on the sofa. Sinking into your boyfriends cozy blanket.

"You get it."

You grumble. Luffy whines and his head falls back, phone forgotten and lying face down on his scarred chest. How he got that scar, you could never forget... he obtained it in an attempt to save his brother from a mass assault from some no good thugs. He did well, until one of them, who knew a concering amount about the freckled boy, slandered his adoptive farthers name. Luring the enraged boy to his demise.

Your stomach twisted at the thought. You can remember when you waited by Luffy's bedside, pateint to wait out the time he spent in a coma. And under the care of your close friend, Law, he recovered fully. But was definitely distraught upon remembering the loss of his brother...

You had only met Ace a few times, on the odd occasion he would spot you in the street, or be at Luffy's when you went over. But he quickly became a close friend of yours. He was so honorable, so brave. And how he managed to live his life in the shadow of his farther, Gol D. Roger, a master criminal who killed and violated, was beyond you.

Silent tears streamed down your face, the distant look in your eyes unnerving Luffy a lot. He crawled on top of you and shook your shoulders, but you wouldn't react. You continued staring blankly into space, crying quietly.

"Oi,(y/n). (Y/n)? (Y/N)!"

You snapped your gaze to his, suddenly noticing your damp cheeks. You quickly wipe away your tears.

Without another word, Luffy throws his arms around you and hugs you close. You hug back, ashamed at the fact you made him worry.

"Why are you crying, (y/n)? Has someone upset you? I'll kick their ass!"

Luffy declares, and with his body resting atop yours, you feel his heart pound against his chest. You quickly shake your head, and murmur one word;

"Ace..."

You feel the boys body tense temporarily, before he sighs and pulls back to look you in the eye. His hands either side of your head.

"Don't cry for him. He wouldn't want that, we have to stay strong for his sake, ok?"

He offers you a small smile, but you knew he was hurting. Sniffing, you rub your eyes and nod. He gives you a quick kiss, before standing up and stretching.

"I'll go get the food from the kitchen, you put on a movie you want, and we'll cuddle, ok?"

You feel your heart ache in joy. How could someone be so perfect? So naturally happy, brave, strong, and passionate all at once? You would never understand how you scored such a keeper...

You nod and he grins and heads to the kitchen.

-extended ending-

Yawning, Luffy looked down at your sleeeping form. You were cuddled into his side, breathing softly. He smiled, and grabbed the remote, turned off the T.V, and gently wormed from your grasp. He placed the lid back on the tub of ice-cream you had been eating, and closed the cardboard lid of the pizza box you had ordered.

He put the box in the recycling, the ice-cream in the freezer, then came back into the living room. He gently scooped you up, and carried you to his bedroom. You had only been in baggy, relaxing clothes. So they'd be ok to sleep in. He tucked you in, like Ace and Sabo did for him as a child, and crawled in beside you.

Placing a quick kiss to your temple, he mutters an 'I love you' in your ear, before wrapping an arm around your waist and falling asleep.