Reader x Shanks. Twisted world.

There is a special place for sinners in this world. Hell. Obviously. Those who were deemed evil, would be sent to rot in the underworld. Or so most people thought. There could never be concrete proof.

You had no doubt in your mind that those who were in need of punishment after death, would be sent to burn in eternal flames. And that those who lived their years being selfless and kind would be rewarded.

However, despite your belief in higher power, and eternal punishment, you couldn't help but wonder...

Where did the good, bad people go?

Pirates. A rowdy group of people who were deemed dirty, and sinners by those with the power to make the words stick. And let's face it, some pirates were. Some had a lust for something beyond the vast, rolling sea. They wanted money, treasure, power. Anything this world could offer.

Unfortunately,this covered a wide majority of the pirates that sail these waters. Evil, twisted people who raped and plundered. Disturbed untainted peace.

While you were a pirate yourself, you were one of the few who were not interested in such a thing. And that's what led you to the previous question.

Where did those who were deemed evil, yet had no ill intentions get sent after death? Even though it has always been said that pirates can never be good, which you knew was a lie, there were some who became the latter simply for the adventure.

The thrill of being tossed into the unknown, without any hints to guide you in this circle of madness.

This led you to think of your captain,

Red Haired Shanks.

Shanks Le Roux.

One of the four emperors.

To be honest, it was your captain who sparked the entire silent-debate. He didn't know it, he just somehow managed to forge it into your head.

Shanks was a kind man. A good man, with a big heart.

Which is why it confused you to know end, when people trembled in fear upon the simple mention of his name.

Yes, he was powerful. And yes, his over all aura was somewhat intimidating.

But regardless of whether you were a pirate or not, anyone who lived or sailed on the grandline had to sustain some form of nerve. If you didn't, you'd be chewed up,spat out, and trodden on until you broke. That's just how the world is.

So, just because Shanks seemed to know this, and decided he would not be pulverized by the big, bad world, he immediately became bad?

Someone the marines thought deserved a price slapped on his head?

Doesn't that make the marines evil?

You're probably lost right now, let me explain.

Throughout the world, children are told that you can't put a price on a humans life. And that should you try, you immediately deem yourself better, and more meaningful to the planet. Which is insane. No one can have a higher worth than another. We all start from nothing. It's how we live our life that determines our status.

But with that gone, we are all the same.

So, just because somewhere along the line, somebody came along and said,

"This is good, and this is evil,"

That means that those who were thought of as 'good', could tie a price tag to another human?

That's insane!

No one can determine another person's value!

While these thoughts spiralled within your mind, you slowly began to unravel all of the things you never understood as a child.

Such as,

'Why pirates are bad.'

Simple, because someone with different ideals decided they were.

And,

'Why marines are good,'

Again, simple. Because someone who thought of themselves as justice, decided they were.

That isn't justice.

Justice isn't looking at a fellow human, and saying,

"Nah, don't like you. You're bad."

That's the opposite.

Honestly, whoever created these ideals were completely mad.

Twisting and playing with the rules to create an ideal world.

Well it wasn't.

Not at all.

It was a twisted world.

-AN-
Alright, I'll be honest guys, I don't really like this one, but I needed to update. It's not really an 'X', and I feel like a shouldn't even have published it.

I need to update my Ace fanfic too, I know it's been over a week, but I hate feeling like each chapter is the same. Which is how I feel about it, currently. If you guys have ideas, I'd be glad to except them. But I can't see myself doing this much longer if my inspiration stays at a low like this...sorry guys.