-Corazon & Author?!-

-AN-
This idea was inspired by another author. I forgit the name. But if you read this, and recognise the type of chapter it is as yours, thank you for the idea.

This is an Author (that's me.) x Reader x Corazon.

No, no funny business between me and you, just friendship. You'll get it soon. Enjoy.

My name is Jenna, by the way, so that's the name I'll be using.

Quite a dark/morbid ending.

Needed to pay you guys back somehow for all your support :)

Song: Bleeding Out - Imagine Dragons
~*~

-My POV-

I sat at one of the numerous large windows of the Donquixote mansion, and peered out the transparent glass. You'd been gone some time now, and I was beginning to grow concerned.

For a while, you, and the clumsy bafoon known as Corazon had been getting quite close to each other; and I took the task of hiding this fact from Doflamingo upon myself.

Surely, he would try and rip the blossoming relationship to shreds, something I did not want for you.

For, within this twisted family, was barely any room for genuine happiness. Simply forged smiles, and choked laughs. This was a fact Corazon seemed to contradict for you, and I was glad.

But I digress. You had been on a date with the undercover marine, yes, we knew of his identity, for a long time now. And Doffy was becoming harder and harder to shake as time passed.

At first, I managed to convince him your doubled absence was merely coincidental. But he was beginning to put two and two together, and I could feel the tension begin to swell as his gazes upon me grew more annoyed every second. He knew I knew something. And everyone in the mansion clearly knew he had no tolerance for secret-keeping.

However, I dared not dance my way around the man, for he would simply catch on quicker. So, if there happened to be a time I was in his presence, I would simply act normal.

The truth was, only me and Corazon knew of how dearly the two of you would have to pay for something as 'pathetic' as a relationship. But we'd hid it from you. We both wanted you to be happy, and blissful ignorance was the key to that.

It was Corazon himself who had first asked of me to hide your growing closeness from Doffy. He himself was hesitant about it, knowing the repercussions it could have on me if Doffy ever found out. But I had made it clear I'd do whatever I could to have you smile genuinely. This included.

And so, here I was. Beginning to grow paranoid of your lengthy absence, and silently pleading your return before I was slaughtered on the spot by the irritated Young-Master, probably with you following sweet.

Much to my relief, your familiar head of (h/c) hair came into view from the main gate a few moments later, as well as Cora's ruffled, black feather coat. I breathed a sigh of relaxation to myself, and watched with newly found peace as you tiptoed to Cora's cheek, planting a sweet kiss, before scuttling away from the lanky blonde. A blush on your cheeks noticeable, even from here.

I hopped from my place on the windowsill, and made my way down to the entrance hall; keen to greet you, and hear the details of your date.

-Skip-

"- and then, we went for dinner! Ah, it was so fun~ And Corazon is such a sweetheart! I really like him..."

I smiled fondly at you, chin resting in the palm of my hand as I watched you from my desk, chuckling quietly as you sank back into my bed. You had been talking for a solid thirty minutes straight now; not that I minded. Your happy little aura was kind of infectious, and I found my usually darkened mind being lifted somewhat.