Smoker x Neko!Reader

-AN-
Ok, I was walking to the shops, wracking my brain for ideas, when a plot just fell into my head. After that, I could hear the conversation between you and Smokey in my head. So, basically, everything that will be written after this, was thought up by me on my way to put a stop to my Shrimps and Banana hankering.

Smokers POV.

Finally, a damn break from chasing that strawhat brat.

I thought to myself, walking down the cobbled streets of a small island I hadn't bothered to catch the name of. It was a quaint little island, hardly any bigger than the tiny place I've heard haboured foosha village, the origins of that blasted strawhat.

Despite the fact I was here on a small break, my eyes wouldn't stop scanning the small crowds of people for a wanted head. My work had definitely taken over my mind.

As my bored eyes closely examined each face, (h/c) strands of silky hair flitted out in front of my face, seemingly dragging my face in it's direction. My gaze landed upon possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life.

There, pushing a few silky strands of hair from a petite face, was a gorgeous young girl of whom could be compared to the divine works of aphrodite herself. Her large, (e/c) orbs were glowing with a playful curiosity and slight ignorance of the world around her. Her full, peach-pink lips were pursed together as she looked over a stand of fresh fruit.

But even they weren't the most captivating things about the girl; the twitching, (h/c) cat ears sat atop the shiny, (h/c) head of hair was truly sensational. That, coupled with the slowly swaying (h/c) tail protruding from her lower back was also quite intriguing.

Immediately, I wanted to know more about the girl, but the nagging thoughts that had been long drilled into my prevented me from speaking to her. Unfortunately, being a marine did have it's downfalls. One of them being that you can't trust anyone. You could never quite tell who in the world wanted to be a damn pirate...

I really do hope she isn't one of those scum...what a waste it would be.

Suddenly, a fearful voice came crying out from a store not too far away.

"Stop that man! He's a pirate!"

No more had to be said. Just looking at the boy, I knew he was no more than a small fry. This would be easy.

I was about to pummel the filthy sea dog, when I heard a low growl to my right. I turned to see the beautiful neko girl to my right; her ears were flat against her head, her tail bristling and flicking wildly.

Just as the pirate came barrelling towards her, she whipped around and caught his throught in the bend of her elbow, clothes lining the poor sod so he was flat out on the ground. The force behind the action caused the cobble to crack, and fling the man into a disorientated state.

Kneeling down, she grabbed the filth by his collar, and slugged the guy square in the nose. Despite the fact I didn't know the girl, I felt a sense of pride wash over me.

"Filthy pirate,"

She spat, small fangs be revealed past her lips that were curled into a snarl.

Chuckling, I walked towards her and tapped her shoulder. Her head darted to face me, when her eyes widened.

"H-holy shit! You're Smoker! From the marines!"

Smirking, I nodded. I dragged the unconscious fellow to his feet by the back of his collar.

"I'll take him from your hands. Pretty good tackle though, the marines could use talent like you."

A small blush painted her delicate cheeks, her large eyes casting away as she stood up right.

"Please... I'm nothing special. No where near good enough for such a profession..."

Frowning, I shook my head. Why would she think that? This woman has shown more nerve and confidence in the past minute, then the majority of the rookies among the marines will show in their lifetime. With little to no effort, I sling the unconscious filth over my shoulder.

"Nonsense.How about you come with me to my ship stationed at the northern dock while I drop this pirate off, and I'll see what I can do about a place for you."

Her glowing, (e/c) hues widened in shock and excitement. Her tail began to tremor and twitch in anticipation, her ears stood tall and alert on her head like tiny satellite dishes.

"R-really?! Wow, yes! That would be amazing! Thankyou! Oh, wow, thankyou so much!"

God, this girl was adorable.

-Magical time skip brought to you by kitten impression. Nya~-

(Your POV, 1 month later)

Ever since the day I joined the marines, people were constantly surprised by my ability to fight and my over all strength. Aside from Tashigi, I am the only girl in Smokers band.

I had quickly been working my way up the ranks; training hard, staying alert, and never backing down from a fight.

I'm also quite proud to say that Smoker was a lot softer on me than most others. Whether or not it was because I was a cat-human hybrid or because I am a girl or whatever, I have no idea.

Anyway, today was quite quiet. We were currently out at sea, not a lot was going on. There were no pirates, the waves were soft and only lulled the boat gently.

I was walking through the corridor that led to Smokers office. There were a few profiles of some rookies making their way up the danger scale as well as their wanted posters. Once I arrived at his office, I knocked twice, and opened the door to see him shirtless, leaning back in his chair with his feet on the desk. His arms were folded behind his head.

"Hey Boss, I've got a few profiles here for ya."

I chirped, ears twitching as his chair creaked with his movements. I moved forward and placed the files on his desk. He nodded his approval, and with a small smile, I turned to leave.

"Oi, (y/n)."

"Hm?"

I turned back and looked at him, only to find his face devoid of any emotion. Just a stoic gaze.

"How much would you say you're like a cat?"

He asked randomly. I raised an eyebrow, but tilted my head thoughtfully.

"Erm... I'd say about 8 outa 10. Why?"

He rolled his chair out slightly, and patted his thighs. My eyes widened. However, I wasn't lying. I was a lot more like a cat then a human, and the offer to sit in his lap was too tempting. In the end, I strode over and sat down.

I felt his warm hands begin to rub the back of my ears, and, quite shamelessly, began purring. I didn't need to look to know he was grinning.

A small cry left me as his teeth gently bit and nibbled the rim of my ears.

"N-nya! Smoker..."

"Mine..."

He mumbled childishly. Tongue tracing the rim of my ear as if he was a cat hybrid as well.

"S-since when?!"

I yelped loudly. Not like I minded.

Suddenly, I feel something rub against my neck. It was cold and felt...like leather? A small jingle sounded as something was clasped around my throat. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down, a (f/c) coller was wrapped around my throat, a small golden tag on the front.

I examined the golden tag closely, amd noticed an engravement that said,

'Property of Captain Smoker.'

"Tch, since then."

A low growl left my lips.