Reader x Zoro.The reason I love him...

-AN-
I got the inspiration for this fanfic when I watched an AMV about Zoro's sacrifice for Luffy to Kuma. The first thought that came into my head when it finished, is the title of this fanfic! (This is the reason why I love him.) And yes, I do slightly fangirl over what the fellas of one piece do. ;). Enjoy!

He was perfect in your eyes. Flawless. Like the world's rarest diamond. It completely baffled you how someone could be that strong. That brave. His honour was admirable, and you were willing to bet he'd stick his neck out for everyone in this crew. And yes, that does include Sanji.

You were close, Zoro and you, like two peas in a pod. Unbeknownst to you, he also thought you were priceless. A beautiful girl of high intellect. Unlike most of the crew, he never yelled at you, was never hostile and never once had the burning urge to hit you.

There were moments in your odd relationship where time would freeze. There would be those odd moments where... You just looked at one another. Almost as if you were in a trance.

Moments where, one was seriously hurt. Moments where fear and dred would drown out that overwhelming happiness you both felt around each other. Why? Because you were in love. But neither of you knew it.

So here you were, silence thick and heavy as he slept and you read. Well, tried to read. However, you often ended up sneaking glances at him in the confines of the crows nest. And with a resounding sigh, you gave up on reading and turned to him.

He looked so peaceful, so vulnerable. His eyes were closed gently, his lips parted only slightly as he gently breathed in small sips of air. Smiling softly, you brushed a few strands of his vibrant green hair from his forehead, knowing it wouldn't wake him.

You had to do it.

You had to confess.

You couldn't go on living alongside this man, yet feeling as if he was so far away. Because that's how you felt. It was like living in a crystal ball. The world you saw in the Crystal ball was exactly the same as your own, except it contained your true desires. That's the world you wanted to live in. Not parallel, and wishing for it from the other side.

"Zoro, wake up."

You whispered softly, and your heart fluttered at the response. His nose crinkled, and a small groan left him. He shifted slightly, but didn't wake up.

"Zoro, please wake up. I need to tell you something..."

You pleaded, a small hand resting on his cheek. Apparently, that was enough to rouse the sleeping man. And with another groan, his eyes fluttered open. And a smile cracked on his lips.

She's so beautiful...

He thought to himself. Suddenly,however, he felt worried. He noticed your face was serious and your hand was on his cheek, clearly whatever you had woken him up for was serious.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong? Is everything ok?"

Instinctively, he sat up and reached for his katana. Eyes darting about the room in order to find any source of danger.

"Zoro, it's ok, I'm fine. I just need to tell you something."

Sighing in relief, he placed his swords back down and turned to you. And with a deep breath, you returned your hand to his cheek. With soft,shy eyes, you gazed into his. Before leaning forward and capturing his lips with a gentle kiss that sent his mind reeling. As you pulled away, you bit your lip shyly, and looked back into his eyes.

"I...love you Zoro."

He smiled warmly. Not a cocky grin, or a know it all smirk. It was a genuine smile, a gorgeous upturn of his lips that had your heart thundering.

"I love you too, (y/n)."

You smiled. When you realized, you didn't love him because he was brave or strong. Honourable and dependable. The reason you loved him was simple, and extremely cliché.

The reason you loved him, was simply because he was him.

-AN-
This one was a tricky one. I'm not a particularly soppy person in reality. I'm a major tomboy who loves FallOut Boy. So writing these things is pretty hard. But oh well, it makes me happy, makes you guys happy. And that's all I need to keep writing. Hope you enjoyed this one guys, TTFN! (Ta-Ta for now!)