Ace x kind/aggressive reader. Let me in.

-AN-
Alright, hope you enjoy. This was requested, so I hope my request-e enjoys it especially!

Ace was sat in his quarters, head in his hands as he thought about you. He had known you since he joined the whitebeard pirates, and he would like to consider you both close. But... only he liked that idea.

You were quite an aggressive girl, your reasons for being that way, locked in a steel cage deep inside your heart. And you intended to keep it that way. You hated people being close to you, it never worked out. And so, you lashed out. You swore. You fought, all the time. Anything to keep those you care for distant.

The more you cared for a person, the more hostile you would become toward them. If only Ace knew this... he would surely understand why you bit at him the most.

Deciding he was sick of being shut out, and pushed away. He got up from his desk, and made his way out on deck. He knew you'd be there, it was late at night. No one else would be on deck, that being the exact reason you were there.... you could be alone. Without being hostile or angry. You could be you. Quiet, calm, kind.

As Ace reached the deck, he saw you sitting cross legged on the bow. Back to him. At that moment, he froze. He watched as he saw your arms move in front of you, what they were doing, he didn't know. All he could see was your shoulders move with whatever your arms were doing.

You were singing a soft, and gentle melody. And your voice was uncharacteristically calm.

As you finished your song, your arms stopped moving. And one word left your lips.

"Goodbye."

Soon after, he saw a bat fly away from your form. And he was ultimately confuesed. You shifted once more, arms moving to place...a roll of bandages? Beside your form. And then, it clicked. A small smile graced Ace's lips. You had been treating the bat.

"Clearly not so tough, huh?"

He cooed mockingly, your head instantly swiveling to glare at him. Your reply was instant, sharp and venomous.

"Piss off."

Clicking his tongue, he shook his head and approached you. The closer he got, the more you leaned away. Not having any time to get up, and shove past him. So,thanks to this, he sat down beside you and smiled. A 'tch' of disgust left your mouth, and you looked away.

"Why are you tryin' to fight me here, princess? Just let me in."

"Tch, as if! Just fuck off, Ace. I don't want, or need you here."

You spat back, however, having to tolerate this behaviour for so long, Ace had became quite immune to your words. He simply hummed in response.

"Ace, get. Lost."

"Nope!"

"Why?!"

"You don't want me to."

A simple sentance. His last words left you gob-smacked and staring at him. He was right. You didn't want him to go, you knew that already. But hearing him say it... it made the reality of it dawn you. You didn't want him to leave you alone, you didn't want him to give up on you, you wanted him to brake down that cage in your heart. But... your mind wouldn't allow it. And so all the wrong words left your mouth.

"Look, Ace, there's an impenetrable cage in my heart. You're not getting in! So just leave me alone. Don't waste your time."

You muttered, looking away. Again, he shook his head, and forced your head to face his.

"(Y/n), listen. That 'cage' you set up? It has a key. All cages do. So just give me the key, (y/n). Please, let me in."

Your dull, (e/c) eyes stared into his. And,without even realizing, you nodded. It was an involuntary nod, but not something you didn't want to happen. And so, with a defeated sigh, you spilled your story. The story of how you became so isolated and hostile.

It was a painful story to tell, but through it all, Ace was there. Listening, giving you reassuring hugs, and pats. But even through the heartache from the memory- induced nostalgia... You did something no one, not even yourself thought possible...

You let him in.

-AN-
I'm sooooo sorry if it's not romantic enough! But I thought that Ace, having gone through the things he did, would know better then to make a move during the retelling of your past. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Should be uploading another in a minute. Thanks for reading guys!