1-Mouse

"7:15 monkeys come one," I heard my sisters voice coming into our room, shaking me and my brothers to wake us up. "Ugh fuck off," I groaned pulling the blanket over my head.

     She came over and tickled my foot making me jump. "Up! Now," she demanded. I was fucking exhausted. I share a room with three boys. I get the bottom bunk that I share with Lip, being younger I get forced to the bottom.

     "I call bathroom," I yelled, getting up and bolting to the bathroom. "Hell no," called Lip, jumping down trying to get there first but I slammed the door in his face.

     He slammed his fist on the door. "Morgan!" He yelled. I pulled on one of Ian's t shirts and a pair of baggy ripped jeans, I pulled my long black hair into a messy bun as Lip kept banging the door. "I'll be out in a minute!"

     I opened the door and Lip ran to the toilet, "Jesus wait until I'm out!" I snapped, shutting the door and then running downstairs, pulling on a black hoodie.

     "Electric," I said giving fifty dollars to Debbie, before grabbing the stale Lucky charms from Ian and pouring myself a bowl. I got that money off some woman's purse on the L, not from work like Fiona thinks.

     Fiona walked over with a pot of coffee pouring us some. "You have a happy meal on the front of your shirt!" She said to Carl, pulling his shirt off and turning it inside out.

"I have a school trip, need dads signature," Ian said handing a leaflet to Debbie. She forged the signature quickly.

I leaned over to see it. "Wow that's getting really good Debs," I smiled.

The rest of the morning was just us talking about what money we were short on the electric bill, Lip saying he was tutoring would have more, Debbie needing something for show and tell.

     "Who's taking Liam today?" Fiona asked.

     "Me and Mouse have work," said Ian. By the way, mouse is my nickname, it became a thing when I was the youngest Gallagher because I was tiny, but kinda stuck as I got older anyway because I didn't grow too much.

     We grabbed our bags, I kissed Debbies head and ruffled Carl's hair before following my big brother out the front door.

     "Gallagher!" I heard someone yell my name. "Milkovich!" I replied, seeing my best friend Mandy.

     Milkoviches and Gallaghers weren't meant to be friends. There's some old feud between our families, probably between Frank and Terry, both shitheads, but I like Mandy, we get along, she's cool.

     "You going in today?" She asked as I ran down the front steps of the house with Ian. "Yep. You?" I asked. "Unfortunately," she said smiling.

     "I have work after school, wanna come for an hour? Help me through the pain?" I asked. "Sure," she said.

     *               *               *               *                *

     I sat behind the counter in the Kash and Grab. Ian was in the back with Kash... screwing. I really hated Kash for fucking my brother, it was weird. He was like forty, married with kids fucking my fifteen year old brother. Ew.

I heard the bell ring and saw Mandy walk in. "Hey Mandy," I said smiling at her. "Hey," she replied.

"I'm closing up now, you have any smokes?" I asked. "Sure do," she said pulling two joints out of her pocket. I smiled at her. "Thank god, I need it after working in this shithole," I replied.

It was cold outside, the two of us linked arms to keep warm, smoking our joints and gossiping until we started approaching my house.

"Hey, you coming in for a beer?" I asked her. "Nah Gallagher, gotta get home. Dad needed my help with moving some meth," she replied.

I pouted at her. "Go on, I'll come by tomorrow shithead," she teased, messing up my hair. I smiled at her before walking up to the front door. I walked inside but no one was in the living room or the kitchen.

     I ran upstairs and into my room where I found my brothers sharing another joint. "Hey dickheads," I said taking off my jacket and shoes.

     "You know Lip got a hummer from Karen skank Jackson," Ian told me. "Ew!" I giggled. "You are definitely gonna need a penicillin shot."

     "Fuck you!" Lip chuckled. "At least I can actually get some action." He took another drag from the joint.

"Actually, I did," I replied. Both my brothers spun their heads to look at me.

     "You're not a virgin?" Lip asked.

     "I'm fourteen Lip."

     "Fuck off, no way who?" Asked Ian.

"Guy at school. Jake," I said smiling, looking down.

Before they had a chance to respond, we heard music and laughing coming from downstairs. (Thank god, I didn't want to hear what they had to say about their little sisters hymen no longer being intact. They'd flip their shit.)

We all looked at each other before making our way downstairs to see what was going on. There was Fiona, V, and a guy I didn't know with a bloody forehead in our living room. Debbie and Carl walking down to and finding a spot to sit.

"Who are you?" I asked, pointing at the man.

"This is Steve," Fiona introduced, laughing and stumbling from drinking. "He decked the bouncer over at the Purgatory," added V, sitting Steve down and getting a cloth to dab the wound on his head. "Jimmy fucking Clifton," Fiona said still laughing.

"Well shit, better get digging your grave," I laughed, sitting on the couch next to Fiona.

"Steve this is Morgan, Lip, Debbie, Carl and Ian," said Fiona, pointing at each of us as she introduced us. "Sup," said Steve. "All your siblings?"

     "Nah they're hers," V  laughed as Fiona swatted her arm.

"Each and every one, plus baby Liam, he's upstairs," said Fiona. "Speaking of upstairs, all you guys, up to bed, school tomorrow."

     "That's a nice watch. How much that set you back?" Asked Debbie.

     "Come on Debs bed, now."

The five of us started to make our way up to bed, hearing music and cheering coming from downstairs. "Night Fiona," I called from the top of the stairs.

I changed into pyjama shorts and a big t shirt that could've been Lip, Ian or Fionas and climbed into bed. Carl was already asleep and Lip and Ian were in bed too.

The music was so loud it was vibrating through the ceiling. Another sleepless night in my house.