29- Geriatric viagroid

I was working a shift at the Kash N grab later that day. I was bent over, stocking shelves when I heard a voice coming from behind me.

     "Don't know what it is little one, but I feel less alone in the world knowing I can drive across town and find you here bent over cans of chicken stock," Neds voice came from behind me.

     That's when Ian came out from the back holding a box of more stock, hearing what he's saying. "Watch yourself dickhead," he snapped.

     He looked to Ian, then back to me, "Look, I'm sorry. Truly, I just- can you forgive a man who's falling apart a little."

     I looked at him, "The fuck does your wrinkly ass want," I spat. "Can I kiss you?" He asked.

     "No," me and Ian both said simultaneously. God he was protective. I pushed past Ned and over to another side of the store, he followed me again.

     "So listen um, I need somebody to rob my house. And I'm hoping you could help," he said. I paused, lowering my voice, "you want me to rob your house?"

     "Candace changed the locks on the house. My goddamn house and she won't let me back in so I need someone to steal my stuff," He went on.

     "Why me?"

     "You're south side, and a little trouble maker I'm sure you have experience in this area." I shrugged, he's got a point.

     "Anyways you go in during daylight house and you look like movers, she stays up until 3am drinking Stoli Vanilla and watching Bowflex ads. She'll be unconscious until well past noon."

     I sighed, leaning my chin on my hand and looking up at him. "You can take anything you want. It's all insured. All I want are my two Armani suits, my Lycian Freud and my bottle of 1990 Chateau Latour Pauillac."

     I leaned back in my chair, considering it. "What do you say? Will you do it?"

***

I left work to go find Mickey, if I was going to rob this place I was going to get Mickey on board.

I went up onto the roof of the abandoned building where I thought I'd find him. I was right. I heard a gun firing when I looked up to find him there, shooting random shit.

"Yo! Milkovich!" I shouted up at him. "What Gallagher?" He said with a cigarette in his mouth, shooting another target.

"I need your help!"

He took the cigarette out of his mouth and looked down at me, "what did you do this time?"

"You know that guy you beat the shit out of at that club? He wants me to sneak into his mansion and take all his shit."

"Really?" He said sarcastically, not impressed. "Hilarious." Another gun shot.

"He can't get it himself, divorce. Said I can take whatever I want and he's loaded. You want in?"

He shot a couple of gun shots near my feet making me jump back. I rolled my eyes and flipped him off, "watch yourself tough guy," I snapped.

"Can I bring my cousins?" He asked, thinking about the offer.

"Yeah."

"Alright I'm in. But I don't know what you see in that geriatric viagroid."

I smirked up at him, squinting my eyes in the sun, "he buys me stuff, orders me room service." Mickey shot more bullets, seeming that Ned really pissed him off.

I smirked at him again, "he's not afraid to kiss me."

***

     I was getting ready to go rob Neds house with Mickey when I came downstairs into the kitchen to find Lip. "Why are you being a dick to Mandy?" I asked.

     Mandy called me and told me what had happened, and I wasn't happy with how my brother was treating my best friend.

     "I think that qualifies as none of your fucking business," he said to me, opening a beer. "She called me from her aunts house, said you told her to go home. What's up your ass?"

     "Look, mouse she is always on me about our plans for the night and when we're going to see her friends band and what we're doing next week," Lip blabbered on, pissing me off more.

     "She likes hanging out with you, that's not a crime! Why are you being such a typical boy douche!" I argued. "She's not my wife."

     "She's a fucking good person that does nice things for you!" I said, slamming my hand on the counter, "grow up and treat her how you'd expect me, Fiona or Debbie to be treated!" Older brothers could be so fucking stupid.

     "What're you her fucking lawyer!"

     "No I'm her best friend Lip! And your acting like a douche bag," I said raising my voice and coming closer to his face, looking up at him, "you want out? End it! You don't, stop treating her like garbage! Just because Karen wiped her ass with you doesn't give you the right to shit on Mandy! Grow the fuck up and grow a pair because right now, my ovaries are classed more as balls than yours!"

I stormed out, leaving my dickhead brother standing there.

***

I drove Mickey and his cousins in their van to Neds house. When I pulled up, they hopped out, both his cousins started making their way towards the house straight away.

Mickey opened the side door of the van. "You stay here and keep watch Morg, we'll go in." "What why?" I argued, wanting to be in on the action.

"Just, fuckin stay here it's safer," he said. Was he subtly showing he cared? "Fucking fine," I huffed, slumping back in the seat and crossing my arms like a four year old being denied candy.

I sighed and took a cigarette out of the pocket and lit it, suddenly Mickey came running back to me, in the side door of the van and pressed his lips against mine, and I kissed back.

He then quickly pulled away and went back to run inside after his cousins, flipping me off as he did. I tried to fight it, but I couldn't help having a stupid smile on my face.

***

They kept coming with shit that looked expensive and I helped them load it into the back of the van. I was helping one of Mickeys cousins load another painting into the van when we heard a loud bang from inside the house.

"The fuck was that?" I asked his cousin, looking in the direction of the house. He shrugged. We both listened for a few seconds when we heard a loud gun shot.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I saw Mickey and his cousin bolting it out of the house. I jumped back into the drivers seat as they both ran across the lawn.

Another gun shot went off and Mickey jumped into the air. "No fucking way!" He yelled. He scrambled into the van, groaning in pain.

"Fucking drive, drive, drive!" He yelled at me. "Fuck you got shot Mickey!" I said, turning on the ignition as fast as I could.

"Yes! I fucking know I got shot!" He shouted as I slammed down the pedal and we took off driving.

I couldn't help but laugh for a minute after we got away. "The fuck is so funny!" Mickey shouted, still groaning in pain.

"You got shot in the fucking ass," I laughed, pulling a phone out to call Ned knowing he was a doctor.