13- Hey Milkovich

Me and my siblings made our way to Sheilas house to find Frank. Debbie told us that Frank had come and taken Liam, and hasn't brought him home. We stormed up to the door, all of us banging on it.

     Sheila opened the door slightly. "Where the hell is he!" Fiona yelled through the crack as Sheila gasped. Then we all burst through the door and ran past Sheila, "FRANK!"

     We ran up the stairs to find Frank asleep on Sheilas bed.

     "Where's Liam!" Fiona demanded, pulling the covers off of Frank.

     Frank stirred and yawned while sitting up to look at us. "Hey," he smiled.

     "Where. Is. Liam," I said.

     "He's at his first sleepover."

     "He's two!" Fiona yelled.

     "They sleep a lot at that age."

     Oh my god what the fuck did he do this time.
     *               *               *               *               *
     Next thing I knew we were storming down the hallway of a shitty apartment building. I had my fists clenched, I was so angry and was ready to fight a motherfucker.

     Frank had gotten involved with some gang and they were keeping him as collateral until Frank paid up.

     We approached a door at the end of a hallway. I stood next to Fiona at the front, Lip and Ian behind us and the rest of my siblings, Frank and Karen for some reason behind us.

     We banged on the door, and a large man opened it holding a shotgun to our faces. "Who the fuck are you!"

     "We want Liam back!" Said Fiona.

     "Liam stays, until Frank pays up."

     I felt myself get hot with anger. "Then you better start shooting!" I said pushing past him and the shotgun into the apartment, followed by all my siblings.

     We all started putting money on the table, everything we had trying to cover whatever the hell Frank owed.

     "How much is that," the man asked.

     "I don't know but we're good for it," said Fiona. "Gallaghers pay their debts!" I added.

     "Now where the hell is our brother!"

     We got him back, I stood with my siblings watching Fiona put him to bed. "Love you Liam," we all said as Fiona placed him in his crib.

     Shit that was scary, thank god he was too young to be traumatised by any of it. I was just happy we got him back.

     "I'm sorry Fiona," said Debbie. I sat down next to her and hugged her. Fiona put her forehead to hers, "hey it's okay, it's not your fault. Get some sleep." She kissed her forehead before we both left the room.
     *               *               *               *               *
I did decide to go with Mandy to pick up Mickey after all. Shit was I nervous though.

"Thanks for coming with me Gallagher," she smiled as we stood outside.

     "Someone has to protect your ass in this shitty neighborhood." I smiled nudging her.

     "We live in a bad neighbourhood."

     "But we're related to the bad people in our neighbourhood."

     "Here he comes." My heart dropped when she said this and I looked up to see Mickey. He looked bigger, maybe slightly taller. He was already two years older than me but he still looked older than the last time I saw him.