12-Some 'Stan somewhere

Summer.

I was standing next to Ian and Mandy, in the middle of a crowd of a fight club. Lip was fighting and we were screaming at the top out our lungs for him.

He was already bloody and was taking a good beat down.

"COME ON LIP!" I screamed, just as he took a super hard hit to the face, firing him backwards towards us, but Ian caught him.

"Come on, kick him back, punch him like a fag" he told him before pushing him back into the fight. Ironic.

     Lip was flipped over, onto the ground. He hit the ground hard on his back.

     "Fuck!" Me and Mandy yelled at the same time.

     Lip was getting repeatedly punched until they finally ring the bell. Lip got up and walked over to us.

     "You know you're meant to hit him back right?" I said as Ian got a cloth for his head.

     "That kid hits hard," he answered.

     "What did you think this was going to be?" Asked Mandy.

     "I didn't think he could punch me with his foot. Did you see that he kicked me on the top of my goddamn head."

     "Listen, you wanna throw in the towel?" Ian asked as the bell rung again.

     "I would if I was smart."
     *                *               *               *               *
     The four of us walked out of the fight club into the darkness. It was extremely warm even though it was night.

     "Did we make anything on my fight?" Asked Lip.

     "Nah nobody wanted the odds," said Ian.

     Lip put a cigarette in his mouth. "How much did you put down?"

     "What, on the fight you lost? Nada. Fraternal loyalty doesn't extend to stupidity, bud." Lip smiled as they fake fought, pretending to punch each other.

     "So Mickeys out soon yea?" I asked Mandy, the boys stopped messing when they heard me ask.

     "In about a week or so if he doesn't stab anyone else," she said. Lip looked at her. "Plastic fork, barely broke the kids skin but bought him an extra thirty days."

     "You gotta be looking forward to having Mickey home again huh?" I felt my brothers eyes on me, not being able to talk about Mickey without them smiling or giving me eyes.

     "I guess," she said.

     "Hey I wanna stage another fight night next week, go around to the dojo's, round up some more scrappers," Lip said when we stopped walking, handing us money.

     "Where are you going?" I called after Lip as he walked away. "Karen's!"

     "Thought you gave up on that?"

     "See ya."

     "Karen Jackson? After that thing with your dad?" She asked me.

     A few months prior, Karen basically raped Frank to get revenge on her own dad for calling her a whore. I mean, he wasn't wrong.

     "Been sneaking antibiotics into his toothpaste just in case," said Ian as we started walking again.

     "Don't be jealous," I whispered to Mandy, she was my best friend and I could clearly tell she had a thing for my brother. (Little did she know I fucked hers too, but now I don't have to feel as guilty for it.)