71- Last chance

Decided to post this chapter a bit earlier than I usually do because I didn't want the cliffhanger in the last chapter killing you guys😂 Also tysm for all the support on this book! I love reading your comments and I love the support💗

     "...Mickey?"

     Everyone looked in shock, wasn't Mickey supposed to be locked up for another 6 months? I was in complete confusion.

     "Fuck no! You're not staying here! You little bastard knocked my baby sister up!" Lip shouted, standing up from his seat.

     "No Lip! Stop!" I warned him, before turning back to Mickey, "Why are you here?"

     "Get the fuck out of here!" Ian joined in.

     "Fucking STOP you two! I beat your asses at 12 years old, I can do it now with a baby in me," once again, I turned back to Mickey, "You should go, got locked up and never even told me you were getting released early while I'm pregnant? Letting me deal with all this shit on my own? You didn't even call since the last time I went to see you!"

     He started walking towards me, but I stepped back away from him, "Don't Mick! I've been dealing with all this shit on my own. Why didn't you fucking tell me you were getting out!" I yelled, shoving him backwards.

     I could see disappointment in his eyes, but I didn't give him any satisfaction.

     "You're a piece of shit!" I hissed.

     "Just like you, we're both south side scum Morg," he responded.

     "Don't even try compare me to you!"

     I knew everyone in the bar was watching, but I didn't care.

     "I got out yesterday, but Iggy called me and told me you were announcing the gender of the rugrat today. Was gonna surprise you," he explained.

     "Surprise me? Yeah fucking right, you're gonna show up for a while and fuck off again, just like you did to Svetlana and Yev, don't think this is different!"

     He took a deep breath and the disappointment in his eyes turned to sadness.

     "I'm sorry I wasn't here for the first 5 months of you carrying the kid. But you only knew you were pregnant after 3 months, and I wanna be here for the rest alright?"

     I looked at him skeptically, I glanced at my brothers that looked homicidal at this point, but to be honest I could kill him too at this stage.

     "Look, I wanna look after you Gallagher, you and the rugrat. I didn't want Svetlana, but I want you, that's why I wanna be here this time, and help raise this baby."

     "If you want this, you've gotta grow a pair and fucking put in the work this time. I don't have time for assholes, you fuck this one up? I promise you, you will never have the chance to do it again."

     He walked closer to me again, putting his arms around my waist, and this time I allowed him to pull me in, "I promise you mouse."

     I finally gave in, smashing my lips onto his as we pulled each other close, melting into the kiss as if it were the last time we ever would.

     Debbie jumped up and cheered, we got a few claps which was the cringiest shit ever, but fuck it.. at least my kid was going to have some form of a dad.

     "Come on! We wanna know the sex now!" Debbie cheered.

     Lip and Ian came to stand beside me too now as we got ready to open the envelope, but this time together.

     "Watch yourself Milkovich," I heard Lip whisper to Mickey, making me elbow him in the ribs.

     Mickey had one arm around me as I started opening the envelope for the second time.

      "Wait the sex is inside that?" Mickey whispered.

       "Yes Mickey, Jesus."

     "You ready?" I called.

      "Yes!" Debbie screamed.

     "Go ahead mouse," Ian smiled.

     I got ready to pull out the paper, "3...2...1.. It's a..."

     My eyes fell on the paper, my brothers and Mickeys eyes all stared at it simultaneously.

     My heart leaped with excitement,

     "GIRL!"

     Everyone started cheering and clapping, yelling I'm excitement as I kissed Mickey hard again, feeling him pull me close again as we just realised our clump of cells had just turned into a baby girl.

     "IM HAVING A NIECE!" Debbie screamed.

     Our baby girl, our daughter. Holy fucking shit.

     All negative emotions I felt towards the pregnancy flew out the window. "Holy fucking shit Mickey we're having a daughter!" I cried, emotions filling me as I jumped up and down.

     I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned around to see Fiona. She didn't say anything, just pulled me into a hug.

     "I'm proud of you Morgan," she whispered.

     I hugged her back tight. At this point, I knew everything would be okay.

***

     I headed back to the Milkovich house that night, staying with Mickey until better housing arrangements were made.

     I sat at the Milkovich kitchen table, craving a cigarette but knowing I couldn't have one was torture until Iggy walked in.

     "Baby keeping you up?" He asked.

     "You could say that," I breathed. He went to the fridge and pulled out a beer, cracking the top off.

     "Hey, I gotta thank you. Mickey has been dog shit lately, but you helping him make it somewhat of a surprise, it helped."

     He turned around, eyeing me up, "don't thank me. I mean you and the kid deserved it, but I gotta tell you one thing."

     I tilted my head, "what?"

     "He's a shitty shitty father. Not really cut out to be one. But I'll tell you one difference. I've never seen that fucker go through anything as much as he's gone through for you. Gotta mean something."

     "Like what?"

     I shrugged, "I dunno, anyways goodnight."

     Iggy brushed off what he said as if it was nothing, Milkoviches were stupid that way.

     I heard knocking at the door, which was weird since it was almost 2am.

     I got up, peering out the window, and to my confusion I saw Carl.

     I went to the door and opened it, "Hey buddy, what's going on?"

     "Uh, sorry I um, didn't get to your announcement. Boy or girl?" He stuttered. I could tell something was wrong. He looked pale, sick.

     "A girl. Mickey showed up, got to see the announcement, got an early release," I replied.

     He nodded, "That's great Morg." His voice was shaky when he spoke. It actually made me concerned.

     "Can I stay here tonight?"

    I nodded, trying to smile for him, "yeah, sure. Take Mandys bed."

He avoided eye contact with me, but I didn't ask what was wrong. Could make things worse, I'll wait until he decided to mention it.. if he ever did that was.

I closed the door, making my way back into Mickeys room and crawling into bed.

As I did, I felt him flop his arm over me in his sleep, resting a hand on my stomach, where our daughter was. And for the first time in a while, I felt safe.. and almost at peace again.

     Aghhhh so Mickeys back and they're having a girl! I can't wait to write her in