68- Hello little Gallagher

"Surprise, it's me again, cousin Fiona," Fiona spoke into the phone as she paced the kitchen, again leaving a voicemail for cousin Patrick and his eviction notice, " hoping you can explain the eviction notice you left on our door, we pay rent so call us back."

     Lip was studying the notice as Ian burst into the kitchen, "do we have flour?"

     "Why?" I asked with a mouthful of Cereal as Lip sat down beside me.

     "Making cookies For the firehouse."

     I laughed, "for your soulmate that you found as you were passing out?"

     Basically, Ian met this firefighter that he fell in love with within 2 minutes of seeing him. But Jesus Christ he's baking cookies?

     "We're about to be evicted Ian," Lip told him. Ian ignored him and kept rummaging through drawers.

     "Um.. Fi?" I spoke up.

     She just looked at me, "I'm getting my first ultrasound today. Frank said he'd take me even though I know he just wants the child support. I just- Uh, wanted you to know."

     She looked pissed, "okay." She wasn't exactly angry, but she wasn't too happy with the news that I was deciding to keep the baby.

     "You know Fi there's still adoption of shit hits the fan you know?" I tried reassuring her.

     "Don't worry mouse, you won't need to. We're here to help aren't we Fi?" Lip added, with no response from Fiona.

     Me and Lip exchanged glances. "Still want to stab Milkovich a couple hundred times though."

     I smiled, "yeah I know you do. But either way, baby needs their uncle out of jail. I'll see you guys later."

     I grabbed my coat and headed out the door. I was acting chill about this, but my head was still spinning. I was scared and still unsure if keeping the baby was the best idea.

***

     I lay back on the bed in the nurses office, staring at the ceiling and ignoring whatever bullshit Frank was going in about.

     My head kept swaying between different scenarios and solutions and whatever. I quickly snapped out of it as the nurse entered the room.

     "Hi Morgan, how are you feeling?" She smiled.

     "Sick, confused, helpless, you?" I answered.

     "Don't worry, just lay back and relax."

     I pulled up my shirt a bit and pulled down my joggers just to reveal my lower stomach. I couldn't be pregnant that long because I wasn't showing at all. She squirted that gel.. whatever it is on my stomach and moved the wand thingy on it.

      My mind completely stopped spinning when I heard a soft pitter patter, and I looked towards the screen.

     "That's the heartbeat," she smiled.

     "What the fuck," I said in absolute awe. That was a baby.. like a person, inside me.. with a fucking heartbeat. Bro..

     "Oh my good," I sighed, looking at the screen where it showed back and white, and the outline of a tiny tiny figure, "look at its face."

     A part of me wished it was Mickey here with me but I knew that I was never one for happy families. Did I really think when I got pregnant that there would be a father in the picture?

     "Hello little Gallagher," Frank smiled, staring at the screen.

     "Everything seems good, steady heartbeat.. you should just know that with your disorder, the hormones can throw you off balance. It's so important you keep taking your meds, take your vitamins and eat healthy.. just look after yourself more so than usual, because being pregnant on top of a mental illness, there can be risks."

     Oh fuck.. here we go.

***

"Oh what actual fuck," I stated, coming through the front door and finding a familiar fat kid on our couch.

     "Hi aunt Morgan!" He called.

     "Not your aunt kid, Fiona! Why the fuck is Chuckie back here?" I shouted.

     Her and Ian came into the living room from the kitchen.

     "Jesus don't ask. Look, the house is going up for auction. We gotta go and try and bid it back," she explained.

"Fucking Patrick, it'll be me next slipping rat poison into that fuckers food," I snapped.

Fiona nodded, "Yeah I could say the same."

"How'd your ultrasound go?" Ian asked. Fionas face changed as he mentioned this, she wasn't too happy still about the baby.

"Yeah, fine I guess. Baby's healthy and shit so," I shrugged, not wanting to piss Fiona off more.

     Surprisingly, Fiona joined in the conversation, "and are you okay? You healthy enough to be carrying a baby?"

     I nodded, "yeah. Just precautions with my meds and shit. She told me I'm 12 weeks along, and nothing too bad has happened yet so.."

     There was an awkward silence, because Fiona was pissed and we were all anxious. Before I broke the silence, "Ian, you gonna make your nazi nephew some breakfast?"

     "I'm hungry!" Chuckie piped in.

     He glared and rolled his eyes at me, making me giggle.

***

     Later that night we all gathered at the auction, I held Liam close to me on my lap next to Carl and Lip while Ian, Fiona and V sat in front, all anxiously waiting for the bidding to start.

     "Hey, how's the teachers pet," I joked, as Lip sat beside me.

     "Shut the fuck up."

     "You guys both fucking high profile people, a  college teacher and a fireman," I added, making Ian swing around.

     "Not fucking yet, but I'm working that angle. He's fucking hot," he smiled.

     "Okay next up, 2119 North Wallace," the auctioneer announced.

     "Fuck," I muttered, "I heard that place has a rat problem!" I shouted out.

     "Yeah!" Lip added, "Honduran squatters live in the basement."

     "Okay let's start at 50,000 for 2119 North Wallace!"

     I watched as the prices kept going up, we bid 60, but then others kept bidding 70..

     80..

     90..

     "This is it Fi," I whispered as 100 thousand was coming up.

     Finally, 100 and Fiona raised her card again. But to our absolute horror, the prices kept going up and up.

     "Bid again!" Ian snapped.

     "We can't go over 100 thousand!"

     "We're gonna lose it!"

     And finally it was sold for 130,000.

     "We lost the house," I muttered, as my heart sunk down to my stomach.

     We were gonna be homeless.. just as my baby was going to be coming into the world. Well shit..