2-Living up to your name

Sorry this chapter is slightly longer and I fit a lot into it, so there's quite a lot going on in this chapter

     I left the house soon after. It was still only like 10am and I made my way to my regular street corner. No one in my family knew I was into doing Coke, Fiona would flip if she knew I was doing it at fourteen years old (even though she did it all the time) and I wanted to make a quick run before school.

     I saw my guy, he was in his late twenties, he's been dealing to me for a few months, he was cool. "Hey Carlos," I called. "Hey Gallagher," he replied, pulling out the small plastic bag of white powder as I approached him.

"How much?" I asked once I reached him.

     I was reaching into my pocket to pull out money when I heard a siren. I looked up quickly as a cop car came out of nowhere around the corner. Perfect timing.

     "Shit!" I yelled. "Go!" I turned and started bolting it back down the street.

"Don't move!" I heard someone yell, but I kept running, not looking back.

In my luck, I was suddenly tackled to the ground, and my hands were pulled behind my back as I struggled and shouted insults at the cop. "Shit! Let me go!" I yelled.

"You think you're so smart little lady? We've been watching out for Carlos Rodriguez for weeks, finally caught him in the act. Looks like we found one of his little coke heads in the process," said the officer, yanking me to my feet.

"What the fuck I didn't do anything!" I yelled. He dragged me over to the cop car and I was shoved into the back of a cop car with Carlos. Everything went down so quickly I was trying to process what actually happened.

Carlos looked at me worriedly. I sat there, knowing I was in deep shit.

Fuck my life.

* * * * *

I was sitting handcuffed to the desk of the cop that arrested me. I was left there waiting for the cop to return. When I saw Tony walk by. I felt relief.

"Tony!" I whisper-shouted. "Psst! Tony!"

I finally caught his attention. He looked surprised. "Gallagher?" He said. "What the fuck"

"Can you get me out of here?"

"What did you do?"

"Nothing" (which was a complete lie)

"Fucks sake Morgan, this is like the fifth time I've gotten you out of shit." This was true. I was always getting into trouble. Only petty shit though like drunk in public, stealing candy or spray painting shit.. maybe the odd fight. I always got off though with different excuses... don't ask.

"Please Tony," I pleaded.

He rolled his eyes. "Give me a few minutes, I'll be back."

The officer that arrested me came back. "Gallagher," he sighed opening my file. "Living up to your name I see."

"Yes officer thank you. But me standing on the street ain't illegal. Can I go home?" I said.

"Ain't first rodeo is it Gallagher."

"Thanks for stating the fuckin obvious."

"Carlos Rodriguez. He is a known dealer. What was a young girl like you doing with him?"

"Nothing! I just know him from around the neighborhood."

"Why did you run?"

"I'm south side. Why wouldn't I run when I see cops."