40- Coke

"Hey! You're late Nova! Come on get into your outfit!"

     So, I don't know how I had gotten this idea, but I decided to pick up a job working in a strip club. But I really wasn't complaining, tips were amazing and the drugs made it better. I didn't tell my siblings how I was making so much money, just that I found a new job.

They would kill me if they knew how I was making this money and that I was back using coke and now adding new stuff to the mix. I won't lie though, drugs are really awesome.

     "Hey, yeah sorry I'm here," I called, walking in through the back into the changing rooms.

     "Something to make the night go a bit better in your skirt too," the girl winked at me, handing me my folded up costume.

I started to get in to my outfit, which was just sparkly underwear really to find she had put a small bag of white powder amongst it. Like she gave me every other night too.

I really shouldn't since I had been down that road with coke before, but fuck it.. it felt super fucking good.

***

"Hey guys," I smiled, carrying drinks out to a few creepy old men, "four beers?"

"That's us, gorgeous," one of the men smiled as I started putting their drinks out in front of them. I could barely walk straight as a mix of the gold high heels I wore and the coke I had snorted in the changing rooms just a few minutes before.

"What's your name sweetheart," another one smiled, tucking a fifty dollar bill into my panties.

"Nova," I grinned back. I know.. shitty stage name but I don't want to hear them calling me Morgan. Kind of compulsory for us to have stage names anyways.

"I like you Nova, petite, young.. how old are you."

"Um, sixteen," I told him, he was like 50 I swear, guys were such pervs. "Mm, perfect," he winked, reaching over to pull me closer to him by my waist.

     "I charge extra for touching," I told him as he held me close to him.

     "Not a problem sweetheart," he winked, pulling out a roll of notes. I smiled at the money as I spent yet another night at this creeptown.

***

I got in home that night to loud music, Fiona, V and Kev dancing around drinking and laughing. Fiona was talking to Lip as I came in.

     "What's going on here?" I laughed at their celebration.

     "Heyyyy!" Fiona called seeing me walk in, "guess who gets to keep their job!"

     "Holy shit Fi that's awesome," I smiled at her.

     "Fiona!" I heard Debbies voice suddenly shout from the kitchen, all of our heads spun around to the kitchen.

     Fiona ran in to see what it was, followed by the rest of us.

     "Oh my god!" I screamed, there on the kitchen floor was my baby brother. Unconscious.

I had just got in the door and shit had hit the fan.

     "What's on his face!" Debbie yelled frantically. "Oh my god!" Fiona stuttered, repeatedly.

     "What's wrong with him!" I screamed, panicking, but soon realised that what Debbie saw on his face was the cocaine they were doing while partying.

     "He's not breathing!" Debbie shouted back at us, I had my hands over my mouth while Fiona kept repeating "oh my god," clearly in shock.

     "Lip call 911!" I screamed, as Lip immediately took out his phone and dialled. My hands were shaking so badly and I felt as if I could puke with fright.

     "Liam? Step back baby," Veronica ordered as she went forwards to check him, "Give him some room! Liam?"

     "Liam?" I called, feeling sick in my stomach from panic.

***

It wasn't long before paramedics arrived, putting oxygen masks over his face, checking him up thoroughly as I hugged Debbie tight to my chest, feeling sick at seeing our little brother like that.

"BP is 200 over 120, HR is 130.." one of the paramedics stated as we followed them outside to the ambulance.

"He's gonna be okay right!" Fiona called after them as we rushed outside with them.

I watched with tears in my eyes, still gripping Debbie tight to me as I watched my baby brother get strapped down in the ambulance, Fiona getting in the back with him.

"I'll get the truck," Kev told us, leaving V with Lip, Carl and Debbie and I still holding onto each other, letting her cry into my chest.

***

I sat in between Debbie and Carl, holding both their hands as I had to be the big sister this time. With Fiona and Lip trying to see Liam and get information on him and Ian was still missing, for once I was the caregiver.

Kev and V sat next to us, none of us spoke a word. I was terrified and I knew everyone else was too. This was by far the scariest thing that has ever happened.

We suddenly saw Fiona come back with Lip, she looked frantic and we jumped up to see her.

But before we could even say one word to her, we heard a deep voice, "Who's Fiona?"

Fiona spun around to face a large cop, "That's me."

"Put your hands behind your back," he demanded, turning Fiona around and putting handcuffs into her.

"What?" She asked, my mouth dropped open as I squeezed my younger siblings hands tighter.

"Fiona Gallagher, you have the right to remain silent.."

"Woah what's going on!" I cried, scared shitless.

"..Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law, you have the right to an attorney.."

The cop went on talking, but nothing else registered in my head, all I could see was my sister being taken away.

In handcuffs.

We quickly followed, I still never let go of my siblings hands.

I threw a look back at Lip, seeing him staying out, he didn't bother to come and see what was going to happen to our sister.

I shook my head at him, before turning back to follow my big sister.