53-Wont be long seeing me again

I jumped as there was loud banging on the Milkovich front door. I was sitting at their table, talking to Yevgeny and I put down my beer and went to go get the door.

     When I opened it there was a man and woman police officer standing there. This wasn't a strange occurrence for the Gallagher or Milkovich house.

     "Yeah?" I asked them.

     "You Morgan? Morgan Gallagher?" The woman asked.

     "Why?"

     "We got a report saying you physically assaulted a girl in a supermarket while you were supervising a child," she explained, "we need to take you down to the station."

     I froze for a second, trying to think quickly. There was only one thing I could do. Bolt.

     I ran through the Milkovich house and jumped through the window at the back. The same one me and Lip had jumped through a couple years back, except this time it was from cops.. not Terry.

     I landed hard, feeling intense pain in my arm but I got straight back up, sprinting around the front and quickly going down the street.

     I was used to running from people, but even so.. they caught me after me running for like.. 3 fucking minutes.

     They tackled me, cutting up all my knees and elbows in the process. "Let me fucking go!" I yelled, and I kept protesting. But it wasn't long before I was back at the station once again.

***

I sat handcuffed. Tapping my feet, bored out of my goddamn mind. That bitch was a major fucking rat. I was gonna fucking kill her once I got out of here.

Finally, I saw a fat, pissed off looking cop approaching me, sitting across from me at his desk, glaring at me.

"Back again Gallagher?" He asked.

I winked at him, "did you really think I wouldn't be?"

"So, what's it this time... assault? You've been in here on that charge alone like 3 times already. And that's times we know of."

"I've been in here for a lot worse and you know it. When can I make a call? Get my ass out of here?"

"Well, we're gonna set your bail. Then you can call one of your big siblings."

I nodded, "yeah well, don't worry. Once I leave here you probably won't be long seeing me again honey."

He closed his case file, sighing and for some reason looking empathetic towards me.

"What!" I snapped at him.

"Do yourself a favour Gallagher. You're seventeen years old and have been in here at least a dozen times. You're a kid, don't fuck up your life," he lectured, before getting up and walking away. Like I didn't have that speech a million times before.

They moved me to the back of the station and I ended up falling asleep around midnight. They brought me into this fucking station at 2pm for fucks sake.

It took them another few hours to set my bail. It was 5am before they woke me up.

"Gallagher, your bail was set. Make your call!" One of the officers shouted at me.

I didn't want to call Fiona, I knew she was out on a date with this new guy and knowing her, he probably stayed the night.

I had no idea where Lip or Ian were. But they were probably my better options.

I called Lip.. no answer. Shit.

I called Ian.. "Hello?"

"Hey Ian."

"Mouse? Why are you calling me off a random number? And it's fucking 5am."

"I need a favour. You got $100 on you by any chance? I could pay you back. Or get the money off Mickey, he should have leftover money from the rug n' tug."

"Why? What do you need it for?"

I sighed, "Got arrested again."

"Oh for fucks sake. What'd you do?" He snapped. I could tell he was mad.

"I just beat a bitch up. She deserved it though. Got a few punches in though, little shit regretted messing with me I swear-"

"You dumbass. I'm coming now. You better not do this again or I'll beat you up and you'll regret messing with me!"

I couldn't help but smile a little, "love you too Ian. Thanks for getting me. See you soon."

***

     It was 6 by the time he showed up. He walked in, glaring at me. I gave him a half smile as I went through the front doors to him.

     "Heyyy Ian-ow!"

     He just hit the back of my head, "Jesus."

     "You are the only Gallagher that managed to get arrested this many times. Jesus. You ever do this again I promise I really will beat your ass," he snapped.

     I tried to fight back a smile but I had to laugh at him a little. He finally sighed, smiling a little and putting an arm around me, "okay come on, let's go."

     "Thanks again red," I giggled, pushing his head.

***

It was bright by the time Ian was bringing me back to Mickeys, and we found Lip waiting outside. We walked with Ian's arm still around me.

"The fuck you doing out here?" I called as we approached from behind.

"Jesus, you fucking scared me. I'm waiting for Mandy, we're getting breakfast," he replied.

"She left.. about two hours ago," Ian responded.

..Now what the fuck did he just say. My mouth dropped open in shock.

"Wait, what?" I asked, feeling my heart drop down to my stomach.

"Kenyatta dragged her off to Indiana," Ian told me.

"What! He's gonna fucking kill her!" I cried. I had no idea this was happening since I was in the fucking station the past 18 hours.

"Shit- I, I tried to get her to stay," Lip stuttered.

Ian shrugged, "yeah- I'm sure you did."

I felt like I needed to cry almost. She was my only friend in this shitty ass neighbor hood, and now she was gone- just like that. With a guy that would put her in a fucking early grave.

      I ended up getting a call not long after. My heart kept a bit when I realised it was Mandy. Was she coming back?

"Mandy? Holy shit Thank God!"

"Hey Gallagher. Um.. I guess I kinda left suddenly. I just wanted to say goodbye.."

"What? Mandy no! Please don't-"

"Listen, Morgy. Don't worry about me. I- I Uh, just guess I had to say goodbye to you. You know, our shitty neighborhood, I always felt like you were my only friend. My little sister really."

I heard her voice break a bit. This was so fucked up. She was leaving, she could fucking die from the bastard she left with... and I would miss her like a son of a bitch.

"Shit Mandy. You know I love you.. just. Don't die on me okay?"

She chuckled, "so.. I guess. Goodbye Morgan Gallagher. My criminal little sister."

I fought back the lump in my throat, I never let myself cry, "Goodbye Mandy Milkovich. The bestest friend I could ask for. See ya later asshole."

"See ya douchebag."

And just like that.. she was gone.