74- Room 218

I was taking Carl's cornrows out of his hair at the breakfast table as he sat on the floor in front of me, which would have been easier if I didn't have a bump that was getting bigger by the day.

"Go easy!" He snapped as I pulled on his hair.

"Gotta get them out!" I snapped back, as I watched Fiona storm into the kitchen and flop down at the breakfast bar. She had a pen and paper and started writing aggressively.

"Hey, Mickeys passed out over a leaflet of instructions for that crib you got in our room," Ian stated as he walked down the stairs.

"Yeah well, he was up all night trying to do it, probably got to him," I chuckled.

Ian just smiled, grabbing some coffee as he turned to Fiona, "what you writing?"

"Letter to Sean's ex wife," she mumbled, not looking up from the paper.

"Jesus," I muttered, tugging another braid out of Carl's hair, "why?"

"Ask Carl," she said angrily.

"Carl why is Fiona writing a letter to Sean's ex wife?" Ian asked.

He looked down, "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Okay great, I'll just stand here and drink my coffee in silence," he sighed, making me smile.

"Aaaand done! Finally," I exclaimed, pulling out the very last braid out of Carl's hair, "Gotta go, me and Ian are going to a college party at Lips dorm tonight. Last night to actually party before life is taken over by junior."

Fiona looked at my skeptically, "Mickeys okay with his pregnant girlfriend, the only person he remotely gives a shit about in this whole earth, going to a college party with people he doesn't know exists?"

"Who said he knows," I smirked, "I'm working a late shift is as far as he knows. Besides, I'm loyal. I'm going for the booze, not other guys"

"You can't drink when you're pregnant," Carl butted in.

I rolled my eyes, "I know that, i was kidding. I'm only getting high, just weed, no hard drugs."

"Mouse! You can't do that either!" Ian snapped.

My mouth dropped open, looking from my sister to my brothers in shock, "you're shitting me, you can't get high when you're pregnant either? What can you do?"

Fiona shrugged, "stay sober. No alcohol, no weed, no hard drugs so kiddo doesn't come out needing detox like we did."

I threw my head back in frustration, "being pregnant is so boring!"

     "Mom of the year, wanting to get high when she's with child!" Carl announced sarcastically.

     I flipped him off, "you shut your mouth before I drive you back to those dealers and tell them to get you back in the game!"

     ... I didn't fuck around. Then I stomped out of the kitchen.

Fiona thought I didn't see this, but I saw her throw a look to Ian as I walked out of the kitchen.

"Don't worry, I'll look after her.. make sure she doesn't do anything dumb," Ian responded to her glare.

I stopped in my tracks in the sitting room, "I heard that douchebags!"

***

I was getting dressed in Lips dorm at around noon that day. I couldn't wait to get out, since it would also be the last time in a long time after the foetus comes along.