48- California forest fire

Ian and I pounded on the door of Mikes apartment, over and over. "Open up!" I screamed at the door.

     "What the fuck!" Mike yelled as he opened the door. He obviously had just got up and he looked hungover as shit.

     "We've been knocking for like 20 goddamn minutes! Where's Fiona!" I shouted at him.

     "I was asleep," he grumbled, "do I know you."

     "Is Fiona here!" I shouted again, "wait those are her shoes! Go get her, tell her Morgan and Ian are here!"

     "She was here but she left," he mumbled, going to the table to grab a handful of her shit.

     Ian glared at him, "she left without her shoes, her coat or her phone! Really?"

     "I guess so," he replied, clearly not giving half a shit.

I felt myself get hot with anger, and without warning I swung my leg back and kicked him in the balls as I watched him fall to the ground in pain.

     "The fuck!"

     "You fucked up our lives enough already you piece of shit! You come near us, or so much a breathe near Fiona, I'll fucking kill you. Okay?" I yelled, giving him another kick while he was on the ground.

     "Jesus Christ!" He shouted up at me.

     Ian smiled, "You just took hits from a sixteen year old you fucking pussy! Stay away from our family or we'll slaughter your whole family like a fucking California forest fire!"

     With that Ian grabbed my arm and we left.

***

I burst through my front door, "Lip we couldn't find her!" I cried in panic for my sister, finding him in the kitchen grabbing keys.

"What're you doing?" I questioned.

"Got a call from Fiona, she's in Sheboygan. You wanna come with me to get her?" He asked, pulling on his jacket quickly. My face lit up and I felt the heavy feeling in my chest lift, "Holy fuck yes!"

"Ian you stay here, we'll go pick her up," Lip ordered, as I followed him out to the car he was borrowing from some girl at his college.

     We drove fast with the directions we were given until we came to a gas station that literally was in the middle of nowhere.

     I jumped out of the car and ran to the door, followed closely by Lip and saw Fiona through the window. She looked sick, and pale. She had dark circles under her eyes and no shoes since she left them in Mikes, but I was never happier to see her okay.

     I pushed through the door with Lip, she looked up at us and took a massive sigh of relief when she saw us.

"Fiona!"

     I put an arm around her and leaned my head on her shoulder.

     "You know, I've never been to Sheboygan before," Lip joked, kneeling in front of us.

     "It's nice right?" She forced a smile back at us before Lip joined our hug, and the the three of us squeezed each other tight.

     "I'm so sorry," Fiona whispered, I could tell she was on the verge of crying.

     "It's okay, it's okay," Lip comforted.

     "We're just glad your alright," I added.

     "Really really fucking glad."

We gave her Lips coat and got her out of there, bought her coffee and food and tried to get her home as quick as possible.

***

Later that day after we got Fiona home, I walked into the Milkovich house, "hey Mick! Thanks for watching Liam while we were gone!" I called, but stopped in my tracks.

There was Kenyatta sitting at their kitchen table and Mandy was cooking in the kitchen, "Mandy! The literal fuck is this?"

     "Hey, you hungry?" She smiled back, carrying on making food.

     "Mandy! You're having lunch with this piece of shit? You wanted him dead yesterday," I snapped, then turned to face him, "you have some fucking nerve you prick!"

     "Don't be so dramatic," she scoffed.

     "He hit you! In the face! He's a fucking scumbag!"

     "No he didn't, I just said it because I was angry and shitfaced.. I fell."

     I poked my tongue against my lip, feeling so fucking mad, "You fell! Come on Mandy I'll get you somewhere safe like I promised I was." I went to her and put my hand on her arm, just as Kenyatta went to stand up.

"She said she's-" I heard Kenyatta start but I grabbed a knife from the counter on impulse, holding it to his neck as he backed against the wall.

"Jesus!" Mickey yelled, coming out of his room after hearing the commotion, "Morgan easy! Easy!"

"Morgan, look at me," Mickey said softly as I took my eyes off Kenyatta and looked to him, "we're cool." Mickey put his hand over mine and I slowly released the knife into Mickeys hand, taking deep breaths.

I stood there for a minute, trying to process what had just went down when Mickey grabbed my arm, "we're leaving! Let's go."

I allowed him to guide me out.

"What the fuck is going on with you!" Mickey yelled once we got outside, "one minute you're like superwoman running around, making pancakes and taking pictures of the goddamn sunrise and the next thing you wanna cut somebody's throat! You smoking meth or something?"

I kept taking deep breaths, when I felt my phone buzz so I took it out of my pocket.

"Oh yeah please, check your phone while I just yell at the fucking wall!"

"..It's Frank."