77- Parenthood

Parenthood.

Everyone says that when you first hold your baby your world flips upside down, which I agreed with.

That everything becomes about them. True.

That your whole life, is just them. True.

What they fail to mention is that these things aren't exactly positive when your newborn is screaming bloody murder through the whole fucking night.

"Kaila," I moaned, picking her out of her crib for the twentieth time that night, "Why are you crying? I was a good mom I didn't do any hard drugs when I was pregnant yet your screaming as if you're in detox."

It was about 6am so the sun was starting to rise so I could see Mickey still asleep on the bed, we moved into Lips old room which turned into Ian's for a while since the three of us needed space rather than in my tiny bunk bed.

"Mickey!" I yelled, kicking him hard twice, making him jump.

"What?" He groaned.

"Take your baby, it's your turn," I mumbled, handing her to him.

     "I'll be up in a minute," he groaned, rolling over in bed, "I got her at 12, 2 and 3am."

     I huffed " Fine, I'm gonna go get coffee and I'll make her a bottle," walking out of the room and downstairs, cursing under my breath at the exhaustion I felt.

     I found Sean, Lip and somehow Frank that was returned back to the house in the kitchen.

     "Kids got a set of Lungs," Frank muttered, pulling a beer out of the fridge.

     "Really? I hadn't noticed," I snapped, pouring myself coffee and starting to boil the kettle for her bottle, all while holding her in one arm.

     "Hey I'm glad I moved back home to help with Mik, wouldn't wanna miss her screaming y'know," Lip joked, I flipped him off.

     I took her bottle and sat at the table, cradling her and feeding her which finally made this demon-lung baby of mine shut up.

     "Hey mouse." I looked up at Fiona with my blood shot eyes with dark circles underneath from tiredness.

"You haven't been eating, sleeping or showering since Kaila. Why can't you just let one of the boys look after her for just an hour?"

I shook my head.

"She's got that postpartum shit where she gouges anyone's eyes out that gets too close," Lip butted in.

I mean it was true, I hadn't let anyone hold her except Mickey, and even at that it was only for a few seconds until I snatched her back from him.

     Ian strutted into the living room in full EMT uniform, his first day as an EMT. "Hey guys I'm off!" He exclaimed.

     "Go save some asses big brother," I smiled, "proud of you."

     "Come on Morg, let me take her and you just get breakfast, or shower or sleep for a bit okay?" Lip suggested.

      I looked down at Mikhaila hesitantly, but finally gave in, "fine, here. Go on princess, moms gotta get a drink."

     I went into the kitchen and grabbed a beer from the fridge.

     Lip spotted me as he cradled Kaila in his arms, "hey! Hey! No way it's 8am."

     He attempted to grab the beer from me put I pulled it away, "no! I haven't been able to drink in nine months. I'll chop your dick off of you try take this!"

     He sighed, then shrugged, "fine fine! Whatever."

    "Hey where's my Kai- the fuck are you doing drinking at 8 in the morning?" Mickey stated, beaming until it turned to anger when he spotted the beer.

     I flipped him off, taking a long sip of the beer to rub it in, making him poke my side.

     "Hey, I got your diaper shit and formula you wanted!" Carl announced coming through the door, ".. and those jumbo tampons that made me look like a fucking creep buying."

     The truth about birth is that after it, your periods get heavy as shit.

     "Thanks Carl," I laughed, "but now, me and my these two babies are gonna get a shower," I smiled, grabbing a second beer and running upstairs with them before anyone could stop me.

***

     I threw on a grey baby tracksuit and black hoodie after my shower, still sipping beer as I lit up my first cigarette that I had been able to have in forever.

     I started making my way downstairs when I heard Mickeys voice.. talking to Makhaila?

     "See, your mom is a psycho. But I love her, which is a bonus since you seem to look like her. Huh?-"

     "Awh Mickey Milkovich! Big softie," I laughed, coming down the stairs, hopping up on the countertop to finish my cigarette.

     "Fuck you Gallagher," he snapped, making me laugh again as he started to put her in the little baby swing. She was out cold at last, it probably wouldn't be long before she started screaming again.

     "Y'know, I think she's the best mistake we've ever made," I smiled, looking at my baby sleeping, she had the most beautiful little face at only being a few weeks old, "I never thought I'd be the motherly type, but I never thought I could love something so much."

     "What about me?" Mickey questioned.

      "Mmm, I dunno," I giggled.

     He flipped me off, before subtly strolling towards where I sat on the counter.

     "You know I was thinking, we haven't been able to have much fun lately with you being so pregnant and all," he smirked, putting a hand on either side of where I sat.

     "That's true," I smiled, as he slowly starting kissing my neck, down towards my collarbone.

     "Well she's asleep now, none of your family's home.."

     I smiled, kissing him passionately on the lips. I mean I had been so horny lately but it's hard when you're 10 pounds heavier than usual.

     We were in the middle of making out, Mickeys hands were just running up my thighs when he suddenly jumped backwards as the back door swung open.

      "Hey, just met with the planner!" She announced as Sean followed her in. Fuck Fiona, biggest cockblock.

     I huffed in frustration, "well, what happened?"

     "Frank said he's paying for everything. Can you believe that? Said he's tired of missing out on stuff like Kaila being born," she replied.

     I rolled my eyes, "for fucks sake. Couldn't have been there when we needed help with math homework or how to ride a bike?"

     She chuckled, "that's what I said. And um, I was meaning to ask you, I was thinking for the wedding that you'd be a bridesmaid.. and maybe Kaila could be a flower girl."

     I grinned, "really?"

     "Yeah," she shrugged, "my little sister was obviously gonna be a bridesmaid, and so I want my niece to be involved to."

     I smiled taking the last pull of my cigarette, "Thanks Fi. Oh and Mick we're gonna have to find you a tux."

He looked at me as if I had three heads, "why?"

"The fucking wedding dumbass are you listening?" I snapped.

"Nah, I don't go to weddings."

I tilted my head, "you got married to a Russian prostitute. I'm pretty sure you go to weddings."

I turned to Fiona, "don't worry about Frank Fi, this wedding will guaranteed be better than the last."