88- Chief

"Holy shit, when you get an air conditioner?" Lip asked, standing at the doorway to my room.

     "Yesterday," I smiled.

"Hey debbies not in her room, she sleep at neils last night?" He asked.

     I shrugged, "probably. Is that actually a real thing now?"

     "Looks like it, I mean he's a nice guy and all but-"

     "He's a paraplegic with no impulse control," I finished. Neil was this guy that Debbie was pretending to like in order to keep DCFS away from her after she fought this girl in public. He was seriously disabled and it was all a big shit show.

      "And Uhh, what happened with Mickey? I heard screaming last night and I swear to fuck if he laid a hand on you-"

     "He didn't Lip, I just.. I broke under pressure. I just told him we were finished, and he left. I really don't wanna talk about it," I told him, turning to face him and hugging my knees in to my chest.

"Fucks sake Morg," he sighed.

I threw him a dirty look, "what?"

"I know what he's like, right I get it. But he's the dad to your daughter and trust me you're not easy to deal with sometimes- don't argue, I'm being fucking logical. You need him."

      "It's really hard to give a shit about what you're saying when this cold air feels so fucking good," I smiled, turning back to the air conditioner.

     "Might get myself one of those, I'm coming into some money from my internship," he smirked.

     I smiled back at him, "no shit, they paying you now?"

     He nodded, "yep, they just don't know it."

I tilted my head in confusion as he walked away as I heard the tiny cries of Kaila stirring out of her sleep, bringing back the reminder of what had happened the night before. But fuck it, I wasn't upset and I know I'm fully capable of caring for her on my own, because I've done it before.

I scrambled out of bed and to her crib. "Hey K, morning princess," I whispered, lifting her out of her crib. I changed her quickly before thudding downstairs.

***

     "Morning Chief," I smiled at Carl as I came into the kitchen. Carl got a scholarship into military school, and honestly I'm super proud of him.

     "Hey, speaking of Chief will we be getting a discount at the Indian Casino?" Fiona joked.

     "When are you going?" I asked, placing Kaila in her high chair.

     "A couple days," Carl shrugged. Fiona sighed, "losing my best dishwasher."

     "Second best," Lip corrected.. "third best," I added.

     Fiona laughed and shook her head, "not even close. But there's no chance you're leaving without a Gallagher goodbye party."

     "Still can't believe you decided to go, we expected prison, lethal injection.." I started before being cut off by Lip, "yeah you're one to talk."

     "Excuse you?"

     "We expected the exact same from you as we did from Carl," he smiled.

     "Oh fuck you," I replied, flipping him off. Fiona raised her eyebrows, "he's not lying. You and Carl are the same person just one with a penis."

I rolled my eyes before Lips phone buzzed and almost instantly got up to leave, "see you guys, Sierra just texted me a tongue emoji."

"Hey wait! Bring Kaila and Liam to daycare on your way, I gotta get to the alibi for my shift! Bye guys!," I called, grabbing my bag and heading out the back door before he could protest.

***

I was sipping a vodka cranberry behind the counter at the alibi, serving old guys their tenth beer of the hour when I almost shit myself. Kev burst into the alibi, the twins and Yev in their stroller. He looked pale and super shook up.

"Morgan! Morg! Holy shit!" He panted. I stared at him in confusion, "you okay Kev?" I asked, hiding a slight smile.

"Uhh, no. Uhh, I think I saw something. I'm not sure.. but I'm pretty sure.. Uhh, Svet and her dad.. y'know.. like," he stuttered, but I kind of caught in to what he was trying to say.

"What..," I said as my mouth dropped open, "no way, that's insane Kev."

      "No I know it's insane but I went upstairs and I saw Yvon just pumping away!"

      What the fuck is my life right now, "You didn't stop him?" I asked.

      "I panicked! It was so horrible!"

I thought to myself for a minute, I mean I knew Svet was a whore but I mean incest? Like there's a fuckin line, "Was he on top? Like, kind of holding her down?"

"I mean yeah.. I guess," Kev muttered. He was still flustered and pale.

"Kev you actually are missing brain cells, he sold her into sex slavery, it sound to me like fucking rape!" I snapped.

He took a massive sigh, "I never thought the word rape would fill me with so much relief."

I shook my head, just as Lip came dashing into the alibi and to the pool table to talk to a guy I didn't recognise. Soon after a rant to him, he approached us at the bar.

"Yo!" He called.

"Hey brother dearest," I smiled, Kev still didn't say anything. Guess he was too in shock.

"Oh yeah, by the way this is my little sister Morgan, and Morgan this is Joaquin," Lip introduced.

"Hey."

The guy slightly smirked, "hey, you single?"

"What the fuck dude," Lip snapped.

"It's okay Lip. Yes I'm single, no you can't have my number," I replied.

Lip smiled at my response, "what's up with Kev."

"I just need to clear my head for a while," he responded, "there's a lot of freaky and incest stuff swirling around up there."

They both threw us a confused look, "it's a long story guys, don't ask," I advised, "what can I get you?"

"Your best booze," Lip smirked.

"What you do rob a mini mart or some shit?" I laughed.

"Nah ripped off a bunch of corporate crooks, tuns out two wrongs do make a right. Tomorrow we're gonna be picking out what colour teslas we want," Lip explained, "and uh, you talk to Mick yet?"

"Fuck no, and even if I wanted to, I don't know where he is. He's gone off the radar," I shrugged.

"You could call-"

"Lip, just. Lay off the relationship advice please," I glared, "anyways I gotta get back to Kaila. Ian's watching her. See you soon, love you."

     Okay so I'm back hehe :) This chapter isn't the best I know but gotta get back into the routine of writing. Next chapter has more exciting things coming :)