18-Came in from the back

I sat at the table next to Ian sipping coffee, Fiona bustled around the kitchen. When Lip came downstairs, Ian and him didn't even make eye contact.

     Fiona noticed. "Are you guys still not talking?"

     "Indeed they are not." I answered for them. That's when Carl yelled, falling through the garbage chute.

     "Dude!" Lip yelled jumping. "Carl!"

"What the fuck"

"Holy crap why did I never do that before," he said stumbling up. "You have too much time on your hands! Summer school next year," Fiona said grabbing his shoulders. "How's your head?"

"Little dizzy."

"You're fine, go have some breakfast." She said pushing him towards the table.

I zoned out while they talked about the squirrel fund for the winter. I hadn't seen Mickey in a bit, and if I'm honest I was missing sex.

I snapped out of it when Fiona came to the table handing us all money. "School supplies and clothing, nothing else. No candy, drugs, beer or concert tickets. I want receipts."

Why the fuck did she look at me when she said drugs.

"What if the drugs are really good." I looked around to see Jasmine coming out of the bathroom. "You're still here?"

"I got caught up reading a magazine." Debbie came downstairs and snatched the magazine from her. "Hey! That's mine."

That's when Fiona started giving us all jobs. Debbie had to find backpacks and old school books, Carl had to put daycare supplies back in the basement, and to my luck, Fiona wanted me, Lip and Ian to clean the pool.

"No fucking way am I cleaning it with them while they're still fighting," I said leaning back in my chair folding my arms.

"Carl, tell Lip and Morgan they can do it themselves," Ian said. "The fuck did I do?" I shrugged.

"Lip, Morgan, Ian said you can do it yourselves," Carl said copying Ian.

"Carl, tell Ian he's being a douchebag for not talking to me," Lip said. Carl started repeating it but I covered his mouth.

"Okay whatever you guys are doing, I want it over before school starts. Plus it's not fair on Morgan and Carl having to listen to your whiny asses," Fiona said. "Amen!" I agreed.

Jasmine walked over to stand with Fiona. "Mommy what's my assignment?"

"Um, go home to your family."

Jasmine smiled at her before going for the door, "Actually, I need to get the boat ready. Belmont Harbour, slip 22, two o' clock."

"I'll think about it," Fiona smiled. That's when we heard Franks voice coming from upstairs, Lip listened at the bottom of the stairs.

"It's a rooster in the henhouse! Hide the money," he demanded. We all jumped up, hiding the squirrel fund.

"Morning Grammy," we all said before splitting.

* * * * *

I walked in the front door to find Debbie with all her clothes laid out on the couch while Ian did sit ups.

"Good, you're here. I'm trying to make a good impression for my last year of elementary," she said to me.

"Red top, blue shorts," I said pointing at them. "That's what I thought, thanks."

That's when Lip came through the front door, he spotted Ian and I sat up on the back of the couch. He leaned his hands on the back of the couch, clearing his throat.

     "Karen and I are getting back together. She ditched Jody. Now I can step up and be a father to our kid."

     "Are you fucking insane," I said.

     "What?"

"That girl is a complete slut, that baby could be any of a hundred dudes kid!"

     "Don't fucking say that." I just shrugged and rolled my eyes at him as Debbie collected her clothes and walked upstairs.

     There was an awkward silence as I looked between Ian and Lip. Lip was walking out until I heard Ian. "Pathetic."

     "Oh ladies and gentlemen, he speaks!"

     "Don't start Lip," I warned him. "You could have anything you want, and this is the life you choose," Ian went on.

     "I'm not gonna split on my kid like Frank."

     "For fucks sake Lip you don't know it's yours!" I protested again, but they completely ignored me.

     "Fucking waste."

     "Your the one pretending to date Mandy because you're too chicken-shit to let anyone know."

     "At least I'm not getting trapped by some pregnant skank."

     "Fuck you," said Lip, shoving Ian. It started again, them shoving each other, throwing more insults. That's when Lip pushed Ian against the wall, I decided I had enough.

     "You know what," I said getting up. I grabbed the back of Lips shirt, yanking as hard as I could to get him off Ian.

     "The fuck Morgan!" He yelled, but I punched him straight across the face, then pushed him again, he tripped over a shoe and he fell backwards onto his back with a thud. I know it didn't do much but he still grunted.

     Then I turned to Ian, I shoved him hard against the wall, punching him across the face too. "What's wrong with you!" He yelled.

     When I turned around Lip was standing back up. "Okay, now. I just finished your fight. Neither of you win, I do, I got you to the ground and a punch in on both of you. So put this shit behind you now. Morgan wins." I stated.

     They glared at each other still, until Lip shrugged. "Fine then."

     "Good, Ian?" I turned my head to look at him. He just nodded. I smiled. "Okay, let's get a beer."

     *               *               *               *               *

     I walked downstairs already dressed. "The chemicals from the fire were aggravating her emphysema," I heard Ian say.

     Grammy and Carl made a whole fucking meth lab in our basement and it exploded. I know.. Gallagher house.

     "Will the chemicals give us emphysema?" I asked throwing my bag onto my back. "Probably but we won't know for another 50 years."

     "You going to school early?" Fiona asked me seeing me dressed and ready. "Uh yea, study group."

     *               *               *               *               *

If study group consisted of being fucked from the back, then I didn't actually lie to Fiona. Mickey came to the shop early to meet me, so.. you know what that means.

He held my waist tight as I gripped the shelf in front of me and bit my lip.

"Hello daughter."

I had never jumped so quick in my life, pulling up my pants, Mickey buckling his as we spun around to see fucking Frank peering through the shelves into the backroom.

Well shit.

"The front door was locked, so I came in from the back. No pun intended," he said.

Oh my god.

"Might wanna check the locks."

I looked at Mickey, both of our mouths open in shock.