22- Happy thanksgiving

I woke up that morning and pulled on a massive black hoodie. I pulled on socks and made my way downstairs to my family.

     I was happy that Monica was back at first, but I was reminded of the way she was when Debbie came downstairs. "She still won't get out of bed."

     "I told you not to go up there, leave her alone." Fiona said walking to the kitchen. "Well how's she supposed to eat?"

     Carl went on in the background about how he wanted an AR15 rifle. "She'll figure it out when she gets hungry and no ones buying you a rifle."

     Debbie wouldn't give up. "Is something wrong with her? She hasn't gotten out of bed in days!"

     I hugged my knees to my chest. "Moms bipolar Debs." "So like the north and the South Pole?"

     "Sort of," Ian said coming to sit next to me at the table. "Well what can we do to help?"

     "Nothing Debs just wait it out."  "For how long?" Debbie protested. She wasn't giving up.

"Until she snaps out of it which she always does."

     Debbie looked up to Fiona with sad eyes. "I wish Lip were here, he'd know what to do."

     It was silent for a minute. I looked from Debbie to Fiona until Ian got up and grabbed the plate of toast Debbie had brought up to her a minute ago, "Well, I'll see if I can get her up."

     "Ian don't!"

     I sat for a minute but decided to follow him upstairs. I walked into her room to see Ian sitting on the bed next to her, leaning on her arm.

     "Hey Monica," I said softly leaning against the doorframe. "Hey look Monica, mouse is here," Ian said trying to make her cheer up any way he could.

     I bit my cheek as I saw her lie still, tears in her eyes and not making the slightest bit of effort to get up. "You want some coffee? Hm?" He asked passing her a cup.

     "Babies, mom needs to rest," she finally said turning over.

     "Please?"  I said from the doorway. She didn't say anything and just turned back over. Ian looked at me apologetically. He knew I was dissapointed, and I knew he was. I thought it would be different this time.

     *               *              *               *               *

     Ian wasn't able to get her out of bed, so I ended up heading to the bar that Monica had took me to when she last took me out. I don't know why really because I couldn't go in, I was only 15 and I'd get carded since I didn't have Monica with me.

     "Hey gorgeous." I turned around to see an old guy, dressed nice with grey hair. I remembered what Monica said about old guys buying me stuff. "What're you waiting for do you wanna go inside?"

I forced a smile and nodded to him. "Come on." He put an arm around my waist as we walked past the bouncer. "Roger she's with us, you're a pretty one aren't you."

     *               *               *               *               *

One thing led to another and I ended up back in his hotel room, his name was Ned. I stood looking at the view of the city in just a lace bra and thong. You can guess what went down.

"Hey, think fast shorty," Ned called tossing me a beer. I took a sip and looked back at the view. I had never seen my city like this. "Sweet place you've got."